Chapter 1

(Okay, so I've finally started and I'm pretty happy with this chapter, but please let me know what you think! Not much Larry in here but its just the beginning ;))

This Is the end. I'm going to die.

He can feel the branches ripping at his skin, the cold wind against his cheeks blowing his curls back away from his face. He can hear the crunching of leaves behind him, the sound of a gun being cocked. He thinks at least four people are behind him. Maybe five. He darts through the trees, dodging low branches and traps the hunters set.

My first night here and I'm going to die.

24 hours earlier

Harry tossed and turned in his bed, checking his nails every few minutes to make sure he didn't 'wolf out' as Gemma liked to say. The full moon was high in the sky, lighting up his room even through his blackout curtains.

Beads of sweat dotted his chest and face. He had long since stripped off his clothes except for his boxers. He fisted the sheets, feeling every bone in his body ache. He would much rather be running through the forest but he can't risk it on on a full moon. It’s hard to control himself.

The constant tugging on his left wrist reminds him of that. He glances down at the cool metal and reaches over to tighten the handcuff.

He hears a low growl from across the hall and growls back, turning onto his side and looking at himself in the mirror. This Is going to be a long night.

Eight hours later the sun rises and Harry sighs in relief as his body stops trying to make him shift.

He starts searching for the key to his handcuffs, finding it under the mattress. He unlocks the handcuffs and stands up, looking at his red rimmed eyes. He hears Gemma yelling from the other room and he shouts back where he hid the key to her handcuffs.

He sighs as he glances at the few boxes stacked in the corner. He grabs a pair of jeans and and a shirt and sets them on the bed before grabbing a towel and going to take a quick shower.

Just as he finishes getting dressed and packing up his toiletries he hears Gemma. "Harry, c'mon! The truck will be here soon!" Harry rolls his eyes and picks up the stack of boxes, balancing them against his chest and setting his chin on top. He carries them out the front door and sets them down in the yard by the others.

The truck arrives a little while later and Harry helped the two men load load the furniture and boxes while Gemma climbed in the front of the truck and played candy crush on her phone. Helpful as always.

After everything was loaded Harry thanked the men and payed them. He gets into the front of the truck and starts to drive away from their old home.

"I liked this town." Gemma sighs, staring out the window.

Harry simply shrugged and continued driving. "They'll find us if we stay."

Gemma sighed heavily and closed her eyes, leaning her head back against the seat. She falls asleep and Harry is left to his own thoughts for the next fourteen hours.

Between him and Gemma they get everything unpacked and set up in their new house in under an hour.

It's small and a little run down, but it's all he could afford. He got a good deal, it was a foreclosure, but he could fix it up. The only downside would be hearing Gemma complain about it. Though, she knew it was difficult for him to get get the money and his fake ID to even buy the place, so she kept her complaining to a minimum.

Harry sighed and sat down on the couch beside Gemma, throwing an arm around her shoulders.

Later that night Harry made them some dinner and then Gemma went up to her room.

Harry paced around the house, bouncing on his toes.  After a little while he grabbed his keys and got in his car, driving to the forest nearby.

His skin was prickling and he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel nervously. He locked his car and hid his keys under a bush nearby.

He walked into the forest and made sure no one was around before he shifted. His eyes flashed red and he scanned the area  while his nails lengthened and his canine teeth sharpened. He quickened his pace, scratching at the hair that grew on the sides of his face. He back cracked and set his shoulders apart as he started started to run.

He could sense the rain lingering above in the clouds and the pollen being passed around from flower to flower by bugs. He tore through the woods at full speed, sniffing the air and chasing rabbits. He didn’t want to kill them, he just liked chasing them.

He felt so free and liberated at times like these. Until he heard the sound of a gun somewhere in the distance and a high pitched ring. He stopped and sniffed the air, catching the scent of gunpowder and humans and something else that made his blood run cold. Wolfsbane. A poisonous flower to people like him.

He could hear the footsteps getting closer. So he ran.

Present Time

Harry  jumped over rocks and fallen trees as the high pitched sound got closer. It was then that he realized they were leading him into a trap, so he veered right and ran in a circle.

He caught a glimpse of their faces as he ran past them, but he was faster and had better reflexes so they weren’t able to catch him. He dodge nets and arrows and bullets, running behind trees and shrubbery.

He zigzagged through the forest and dropped to the ground when he reached the parking lot, panting as he scrambled for his keys. He finally found them and got in his car, speeding away. Crisis averted.