APRIL 17, 2029 - MORTEM

APRIL 17, 2029 – MORTEM

          A train was where it all started. A train was where it all ended.

          I stood in front of the train’s door waiting for it to close. I sighed. This is how it ends. This is how it is supposed to be. I sighed again. My chest felt heavy and I felt light-headed. The train arrived on the next station safely. I glanced upwards to see the emergency button. I reminisced everything 12 years ago. This was where I met Gabriel. He was the guy who saved me when I was on the verge of dying. But that time is long dead, and so is Gabriel. Gabriel is dead and I can’t bring him back to life.

          He died in a motorcycle accident last week. That’s when I felt that life has been unfair to me once again. How could life take away my husband? We got married several years ago and we lived happily together.

          I stared at the door, then the emergency button, then the door again. I was about to push the button again but someone stopped me.

          “Mommy, where are we going?”

          Gabriel asked me then I remembered that I can’t die. I’ll have to live for my son. We’ll live together with the blessing of Gabriel from up above.