Part 2 - Who has no Fear...

Adrian stepped into Headquarters in his full Sentinel suit for the second time. The first time he had been hunting down Nightmare. He had been hunting Nova. He had Cyanide slung over his armored shoulder, though he had slapped Renegade issued cuffs on his wrists, as well as Queen Bee’s. Nova hadn’t complained once about carrying Queen Bee, and Adrian wondered whether or not she had really been telling the truth about wanting to change. Her uncle had been neutralized, her friends were arrested, ready to share the same fate, save for Phobia, much to Adrian’s annoyance. Waiting by the front desk was one of his dads, no doubt having received the anonymous message Adrian had sent to the media about the Sentinel finding the Anarchists.

    Simon Westwood’s glare seemed to pierce Adrian’s armor and gaze right past his visor. He approached them with slow, careful steps.

    “Well, Insomnia and the Sentinel. Never thought I would see you two working together. My son tells me that you always hated him,” Simon said, gesturing to Adrian. It was odd being referred to in the third person while he was standing right there. Then he turned to the Sentinel without waiting for Nova’s response.

    “While I disagree with your methods, Sentinel, I have to thank you again for finding these two. I assume it was you who alerted the media who got in touch with me?” Adrian laughed, and Nova paled.

    “I did alert the media, but you shouldn’t thank me.” Adrian watched as Nova went from resigned fear to confusion. “Insomnia here was the one to track them down and trap them at her own home. I only arrived after the battle started.” Nova seemed like she was trying to say something, trying to find a way to explain that he was making it up, covering for her. Adrian looked at his dad, realizing that the Sentinel suit actually made him taller than Simon. It was time to end his charade

    “Nova, I think it is time we tell him the secret,” Adrian said to her. Queen Bee and Cyanide had already been taken from them to be put in cells, likely neutralized, and possibly released back into the world.

    “Alright. It’s time. I-” Nova would have admitted everything about herself there and then to Simon, Adrian guessed, had he not interrupted.

    “Have known who I am this whole time!” Adrian dramatically finished. “I figure since I am in such good standing with you now, I should probably reveal it to the public about now. That’s the other reason I contacted the media.” He glanced back to the door, where several citizens with cameras stood. What would the Renegades be like if they could act that fast every time?

    He reached for his chest, and his hand hovered over the center of his chest. Then he collapsed the suit letting it shrink into the zipper tattoo. Simon said nothing, only stared with his jaw slacked as he recognized who was under the Sentinel’s armor this whole time.

    “Adrian?!” It came from the opposite end of the lobby, and it was another voice he very clearly recognized. It was that of Hugh Everhart, Captain Chromium. His other adopted dad. Adrian turned to Hugh and sheepishly smiled.

    “Hey Dads…” It wasn’t the brightest thing to say, but Adrian went for it anyway. “You remember how you mentioned that you thought Sentinel reminded you of that comic? Yeah, not a coincidence.” Hugh didn’t have anything to say at the moment, though he knew they would be having a talk soon enough.

    “Nova, I hope you don’t mind us stealing Adrian away for only a moment. We need to have a family chat where the number of cameras is significantly lower.” Nova didn’t say anything, but was still looking at him in bewilderment for not turning her in. He was really hoping that wouldn’t be a mistake. He watched as she seemed to collect herself quickly, he knew she hadn’t ever been one to be easily flustered.