Verdict

JEMA'S POV

"Miss Zayde, I don't think this is a laughing matter" the Judge scolded the girl laughing hysterically as I was on the stand giving my witness statement.

"Atty. Diaz, please control your client. Otherwise, I will have her removed from this courtroom" sabi ng Judge sa lawyer nya.

Since the start of this trial, she has been interrupting everyone and acting utterly deranged.

It's so unnerving to look into the eyes of someone who almost took your life.

But I have to stay strong. Kailangan nyang managot sa ginawa nya.

Even Luigi has testified against her.

But after all the overwhelming evidence, she has the nerve to plead Not Guilty by reason of insanity.

Her defense was stating na wala sya sa tamang pag-iisip nang gawin ang krimen na iyon.

But Inspector Morado took out the last piece of damning evidence. Her journal.

Yes, she was stupid enough to write every detail of her plan including how she would act like she was insane so kung sakaling may makaligtas sa amin ni Deanna, we would tell the authorities wala sya sa tamang pag-iisip.

Nang inilahad iyon ni Inspector Morado, you could tell her defense lawyer was shaking his head in defeat.

Natahimik na rin ang babae.

"Miss Zayde, throughout the duration of this trial, not once did you show remorse for what you had done. You have caused these 2 girls and their families a tremendous amount trauma. Based on the examinations by our experts, you are clearly not insane and are fully aware of your actions" sabi ng Judge.

Marami na ring press ang nagaabang kung ano ang final verdict.

"Based on the amount of planning and premeditation, it is also clear that this crime was not done in the heat of the moment. It was elaborately planned with the intention of murder thus leading me to believe that you would pose a danger to our society. I hereby sentence you to Reclusion Perpetua! So ordered!"

Parang nakahinga naman kami lahat ng malalim. Finally, matatapos na ang kalbaryo namin.

Time to really move forward with our lives.

Dahil sa nangyari sa akin, I now have a higher level of appreciation for every moment that God allowed to still be here.

Only downside is, both me and Deanna had to sit out the entire playing season due to our injuries.

Ponggay became the new captain of Ateneo. And well deserved. Alam kong magaling si Ponggay and she has done so much to help me and Deanna.

Deanna stayed with me through all of my therapy sessions. Kahit minsan I take out my frustrations on her, she was still very patient with me.

As an athlete, sanay ako to always be in control of my body. To have strength whenever I needed.

Kaya nakakainis kung bakit hindi ko maigalaw ang katawan kasabay ng isip ko.

Minsan gusto ko nalang sumuko pero si Deanna ang naging malakas para sa akin. She was always there to comfort me.

Hanggang sa unti unti nang bumalik ang lakas ko and I was able to do some normal things on my own.