Chapter I

Chapter I

Yes! It's what's you've been waiting for......the sequel of Fire and Ice! To people that haven't read Fire and Ice, please read it first, otherwise you're going to be quite confused :P Anyway, I got a sick day today (I hate my cough X.X) Enjoy the first chappie!

Flashback

Neji Hyuga and Anko Kagikoori stood at the gate of Konoha. Neji put a hand on the girl's shoulder, swallowing. "Are you sure about this?"

She nodded. Slowly, she took off her headband and placed it in Neji's hand, closing it and staring up at him. "I need to learn how to learn my powers to a better extent. Kaito-sensei will help me hone in on my fire and ice, and the shifting lotus. I-"she bit her lip. "I need to find my sister."

Neji stared up. "I understand....her disappearing like that after Kabuto left again for Orochimaru..." He coughed, and straightened as a cart soon appeared in the city. "That must be your ride." She smiled wanly, and nodded.

Neji turned away and walked off, wiping his eyes with his arm. Suddenly, Anko grabbed his shoulder. "Neji-"He turned around, and, before he could register anything, Anko grabbed his face and pulled him into a kiss.

They stood there for a few moments. Slowly, Neji sunk his fingers into her raven-colored hair and leaned into her body.

They stood there for a while, until the cart came to a stop. Neji pulled away and stroked her cheek. "Be safe, okay?" She nodded, smiling.

"Hey Anko!"

The couple whipped around to see Naruto, Sakura, Tenten, Kiba, Hinata, Ino, even Shino, hanging on the back of the cart. They jumped off, and rushed towards Anko. The girl was soon crushed by hugs. Hinata poked her friend in the shoulder. "Y-you better t-take care of yourself out there, Ank, o-okay?" Naruto grinned and latched himself onto Anko's neck. "Yeah, by the time you come back, I'll really be Hokage, okay?" he laughed. Shino coughed. "You better come back so my bugs and I can smash you." He muttered. Sakura had her hands on her hips. "Don't you think you'll be the only happy one dating someone, Anko!" she winked. "I'll be dating Sasuke when you're back!" Ino glared at Sakura. "I don't care what you said at the Chunin exams, Sakura! Sasuke's mine!"

Anko smiled wanly, crying slightly. All her friends had come to say goodbye....."I love you guys," she grinned, hugging them all back.

End of Flashback

Anko's POV

"KAGIKOORI!"

I glared, opening an eye. The sky was dark still, and Kaito-sensei was hovering over me, waving a frying pan. "What are you doing, laying around in bed?! It's 3:00 am already! Lazy-bug!" He screamed, grabbing my arm and yanking me out of the comfort and safety of my pad.

"Gah!" I landed on my face as Kaito sensei-let go of me. Quickly, I got up and brushed off the dirt and dust. "Jeez, it's my birthday today, sensei. Give me a break!"

He stared at me like I had two heads, before smashing the wall. "Then we will have to train even more today, stupid girl! Maybe we can make you a champion and get you out of here today!"

I groaned and swatted the forming bangs out of my eyes. "I don't really think that's going to happen, Kaito-sensei." I walked out as he glared angrily at me, waving the pan. "What do you mean, that's not going to happen?! Everything is possible! EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

In the living room, Kaito-sensei's thirteen-year old grandson was trying to make himself look studious. He wasn't much-his hair was scraggly and he wore a worn bed sheet as he stared at a large book, grinning. I sighed. This wasn't the first time...

"What is that you're reading, Makoto?!" I snatched the book from his hands and a little book fell out. I expected no more as I picked it up.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME, MAKOTO? MORE OF THIS YA-WHY AND HENTAI STUFF?!" I smacked him over the head with it, and he gave a cry. "It's Yaoi, Anko-chan! And would you mind not yelling it across the whole house?!" he pleaded.

I smacked him in the head again, and, as he flew, my fingers made a pose. "Ice chains!" He immediately was pinned to the chair. I picked up the book and made a sound of disgust, making another symbol, and, using a freshly-emerged fireball, set it on fire.

"NOOOOO!" he screamed, as Kaito ran in. "Stop abducting my son, you terrorist!" he screamed, and his frying pan landed exactly on my head.

Dizziness. Pain. And the extreme annoyance at a wonderful beginning to my fourteenth birthday.

After a while, Kaito-sensei regained his senses. "Oh, it's just Anko. I never knew she was this attracted to my grandson." I could literally see the grin spreading across Makoto's face as he put a hand on my leg.

"ICE CHAINS!"

Yup. What a wonderful birthday.

****************************************************************************************************************

Neji's POV

"Neji!"

I turned around as Tenten was running towards me, waving her arms. She soon reached me, and put her hands on her knees, panting. "Where were you? You should have been at-oh......" She finally seemed to realize where we were at.

The place where Anko and I watched the sunset, the first time we actually spent quality time together.

I sighed and sat down. "Today is her birthday," I said quietly. Tenten seemed to understand. "Do you want me to tell Gai-sensei that you're taking a day off today?"

I nodded, and swallowed. "I got a letter from her last week. Apparently she can't visit Konoha because her location is too far..." I sighed. Tenten put a hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she knows you wish her a happy birthday, Neji." I nodded.

"Yeah."

I shook my head and stood up. "I really shouldn't focus on her right now-I should focus more on training." Tenten looked worried.

"Look, Neji, if you don't want to train today, that's-"

"Tenten, I'm going to train!"

She looked hurt for a moment, then swallowed. "Yeah."

Okay, a little background of what Anko's doing and what Neji's going thru! I must say, I intended something else for Neji, but it wouldn't have been that interesting. Anyway, comment what you think! I'll be happy to hear what you think!

~Rai (Previously Miko)