Swimming in the Garbage River

If you’re struck with the meme that "poor people are often most generous because they know what's like to have nothing", then it’s a good start for all of us because if we are aware that we are fishes, then surely the Lord Jesus will speak to us, “fortunate are those who are poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”

“… Then they sit down and gather the good fish in buckets but throw the worthless ones away.”

What is it to be like fish? Obviously, none can answer it. However, it can be agreeable that we ask ourselves, how do we scrutinize the food we intake? Probably, aside from the different styles of scrutinizing, it is the knowledge of the food whether it is a poison or not.

In this gospel, Jesus represented the person who’ll eat the fishes, and the fishes are we. However, Jesus doesn’t eat us but rather it is a challenge that best states, are we worthy to enter his mystical body?

Certainly, the answer lies among our self. But I do believe, God will really separate the bad fishes because they might have been intoxicated by the garbage. At some point in our life, we tend to be like these bad fishes when we are bloated with such pride and richness that we lose appetite for compassion and especially forgot that we are still FISHES.

What does it mean? Well, it is an invitation for us to recognize our poorness so that we can remove the unnecessary baggage and also we can give ourselves freely for the good. Like this meme below.