Late Nights, Stig

Imagine staying up with Stig and watching the stars.

-------

Sleeping lightly on the heron as she sailed on through the night, Hal moved from his position at the tiller and shook his best friend lightly. 

"Stig, will you take over for a little? I'll spell you in a couple hours." Hal said softly, so he could be heard above the sound of the ocean all around. 

"Sure." Stig's sleepy voice could be heard responding. 

This was just enough to wake Yn. She heard Stig move to the tiller and sigh. Settling in to his current position for the next few hours and rub remaining sleep out of his eyes. Once Hal had settled into his spot Yn decided to get up. Walking quietly back to the stern she brought her blanket and settled with her back to the rail, a couple feet from Stig at the tiller.

Stig noticed Yn moving and was trying to contain his joy seeing his crush sit near him. 

"Cant sleep or something else?" He said quietly, trying not to wake the others. 

"Something else, doesn't matter though." Yn settled further into her blanket. "Have you ever seen such beautiful stars? They are all so bright and so colorful." Without any towns nearby it was true that the stars looked beautiful on the ocean. 

Stig followed Yn's gaze toward the stars for a moment then back to her. "Yeah." He smiled, "I don't know how Hal memorizes all of them." 

"I've never been able to remember more than a couple constellations." Yn confessed. "I can remember the dipper, and where the North Star is." Yn pointed to three stars in a line, "and that's Orions belt." 

"Pretty good." Stig said. "Though I don't know where you get the dipper from, we're taught its a bear." 

"I didn't take the same Brotherband classes." Yn stood up and walked over to where he was. Pointing up the the dipper Yn said, "See there, those four stars look like a handle, and then there's the cup. The last two stars from there point to the North Star." 

"Your right." Stig said, "Did you just make that up?"

"Sure, don't see why not." Yn replied while resuming the position siting with her back to the rail. Though Stig noticed with a smirk that she didn't sit so far away this time. 

"So what made you want to come hang out here with me." Stig said smirking.

"I find that you're fun to talk to and besides I didn't think I was going to fall asleep again anytime soon so I might as well bug you."

"Well I'm honored." Stig teased. 

"Hm." Yn hummed still looking at the stars. 

Stig forced himself to focus on the waves Heron was gliding over instead of his crush sitting so close to him. When he looked back towards Yn she was staring at him. She quickly looked away when he made eye contact though. He could have swore he saw a blush but it was dark enough he couldn't be sure. She looked back after a few seconds and made eye contact again. 

"You know I'm not going to look away. As beautiful as you are you deserve to be stared at." He realized as soon as he said it that she might take it the wrong way, of course he would mess up he thought. 

"Nobody has ever said anything like that to me." Yn said after a moment.

"Well I think that you should hear more of it." Stig said, more bold now. "You are beautiful." 

"Thank you Stig." Yn said. 

Stig looked forward again to the waves ahead of heron and Yn allowed her gaze to drift back to the stars. After a few minutes when Stig looked back at her he noticed she was asleep. He smiled to himself and focused once again on the waves.