VII - NEVER THINK

VII - NEVER THINK

Next day it was snowing. I didn't mind the snow as much as I loathed the ice. It didn't really help the uncoordinated. It was proven the moment I stepped out of house, because I slipped on a thin layer of ice just before my truck. Luckily I didn't break anything. I had enough broken bones to last me a lifetime... ha-ha, lifetime! Get it?

I slowly and carefully drove to school, keeping my eyes and thoughts strictly on the road in front of me. I did not want to cause an accident. I was surprised that my car didn't slip when I was driving, but I saw the reason why the moment I stepped out of it on the parking lot. Charlie, god bless his soul, had installed snow chains on my tires. He was definitively on my top 10 best dads list.

Suddenly I felt someone's eyes on me and when I looked up, I saw Edward and his family looking at me with horror in their eyes from where they were standing next to their car across the lot. I blinked confused, but then I understood. It happened in a second – a van skidded across the parking lot (the driver obviously having lost control over it) towards my car, I closed my eyes as I couldn't bear to watch myself die, and hard hands pushed me away. I hit my head on the concrete and had to breathe deeply for a few seconds to get the stars away from my eyes. When I opened them, there was a sudden silence all around me -well, there was shrieking and panicking heard in the background, but I wasn't concentrated on that since I was lost in Edward's golden eyes full of panic.

"Are you alright?" he asked me quickly when he saw that I've opened my eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine," I answered, suddenly realizing that he was here. And he shouldn't be. He was across the lot last I saw him.

"How-?" I stammered. "How did you get over here so fast?"

His whole body stilled as he answered me, "What are you talking about Bella? I was standing right next to you."

I rolled my eyes at him. I know what I saw.

"Look, I don't care if you're Superman or Spiderman, but I know what I saw."

"You must have hit your head pretty hard," was all he said as he released me to the medical team that had arrived on the scene while we were talking. Urgh! I could strangle him for leaving me like that. I scowled at him instead and yelled at him from the ambulance,

"I haven't finished talking to you yet, Edward Cullen!"

The doors of the ambulance banged close before I could head his answer. I swear I heard him laughing at me from the back of the car though. I gritted my teeth and swore I'd lynch him the next time I saw him.

I didn't see him at the emergency room where they let me wait for the doctor. Tyler (the kid that drove the car that almost killed me) kept apologizing until I had enough of it.

"Would you stop apologizing already?" I shrieked at him after his thirtieth apology – and just my luck, the doors opened and one of the most beautiful doctors I've ever seen walked in, accompanied by my dad. It had to be Dr. Cullen. I didn't see his face yet, since he was talking quietly with my dad.

When he turned my head to me though, I recognized his face. And I knew immediately that he had something to do with why Edward didn't remember me.

"You!" I shrieked at him, enraged. Both men blinked at me in confusion (my face was probably all red from anger and my fists were clenched together to stop myself from jumping off the bed and killing the doctor with my bare hands).

"What the hell did you do to Edward? I know it was you! You were there when he died in my arms! What the hell did you do to him?"

I didn't care about being in the hospital room full of people that could hear me rant. All I wanted was to kill the doctor that took my Edward away from me. All I wanted was the truth about what happened.

And I swear to god, if I have to torture him, I will get the truth out of him.