❧ I I ❧

As soon as her lips touched his, Luke could tell something wasn’t right. She wasn’t herself. He hadn’t actually suspected what had happened next, that she was going to break up with him. He could barely even respond, just watched her as they closed the plane doors, watched as tears flowed down her cheeks. She was watching him, too, her green eyes locked on his.

         Until then, he hadn’t known it was possible for a person’s heart to tear in two, but now he felt torn in two in every sense of it. His chest actually hurt, and he couldn’t stop thinking about her. He’s in love with that girl, and there’s no getting around it.

         Luke thinks it might hurt less if he knew why. She hadn’t really told him why, she’d just said she couldn’t do it and that she was sorry, but that’s it. So that’s why he called her, as he sat uncomfortably in his seat on the plane in between Ashton and Michael. He almost didn’t do it, but after about an hour of deep breaths, pulling himself together (he didn’t want to sound like he’d just been crying his eyes out), and over-thinking, he finally picked up his phone and dialed the number that he knew so well.

         It rang once; twice; three times; four times; five times, and then he heard her voicemail, and he can’t deny that he smiled at the sound of her beautiful, happy voice, until he remembered that she was no longer his.

Hiiii, you’ve reached Sophia! Unless you’re Mum or Luke Hemmings, I probably won’t want to talk to you…but leave a message and I might change my mind, and call you back! Thank you!

         He chuckled at the words, and then realized: she hasn’t changed her voicemail yet. It’s still the same voicemail that she’s had since they first got together. The machine beeps, pulling him out of his thoughts.

         “Hi, Soph…it’s Luke. I know you probably don’t want to hear from me, but please call me back.” And that’s all he can manage to say, before closing the phone and sliding it back in his pocket.

         “Luke? You okay?” Calum asks from his seat across the aisle from Michael.

         “Yeah, you look like something’s not okay,” Michael agrees.

         “It’s-it’s just- Sophi-“ He didn’t realize how hard it would be to say her name,  “Sophia…she-she broke up with me.”

         “Luke…I’m so sorry. She doesn’t know what she’s left behind,” Ashton says sympathetically.

         Luke nods unenthusiastically at Ashton, “Yeah,” He says, “Except I know exactly what I’ve left behind.”

         She didn’t call him back, so the next day, he calls her again, and again he gets her voicemail.

         “Hi, you’ve reached Sophia! Leave a message and I might decide to call you back. And if this is Luke…just know that I want to call you back so badly, but I can’t…don’t forget that I love you, Luke.”

         A tear forms in his eye- she changed her voicemail- and he almost forgets to leave a message. “Hey, Soph, it’s uh, it’s me. Please call me. I love you too. Just…please.”

         When he doesn’t get any calls back from her after a few hours, he texts her.

To: Soph❤: Soph please, just answer me. I need to know why.

         After he sends the message, Calum sits down next to him on the couch in the dressing room.

         “Luke, I know you’re upset and that she meant a lot to you. We’re on in a few minutes, and,” Calum pauses, “gee, how do I put this nicely? You need to get your shit together for the show, okay? Play for her if that helps.”

         Luke runs a hand through his hair, “Okay, Cal. Thanks,” He says.

         Calum was almost right.

         Sophia doesn’t mean a lot to him.

         Sophia means everything to him.

❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧*❧

hey guys! I know Sophia seems like a bitch right now, but she’s not, I promise. (: thanks for reading everyone.

❤Magsx