Chapter ♞ 17: The Shopping Disaster (2)

Bright strokes of color were all you could see as you stared at Kaoru who was across the room. Right now he seemed more focus than ever and you knew why. He was so focused on his painting -that involved all colors of the rainbow- and didn't make an attempt to talk all class.

For the rest of the day he avoided you and he made it know, in the most obvious ways. Even in Art class, he tried to sit as far away from you as possible.

Whatever he was painting seemed to take a lot of energy and you thought it was best not to bother him.

You tried your hardest to focus on the task that was at hand but even that seemed impossible.

Hikaru's double personality was clouding your thoughts, and Kaoru's cold shoulder wasn't helping.

When the bell rang, the teacher stopped all the students before they could file out. She had an announcement.

"Remember the sketchbook assignment! You have to draw a realistic face! Have a nice weekend!"

This weekend won't be great at all. You dreaded the thought of going 'shopping' with Kyoya and Hikaru tagging along only made the situation worse.

After packing your bag and getting ready for the final period of the day, you went to go your sketchbook from the rack. Since students were required to leave sketchbooks in the art room during school hours, it was only natural you'd leave it where they usually are. Except yours was gone. You couldn't help but notice that Kaoru's was gone as well.

Huffing, you figured at the end of the day you'd look for it when you had more time.

After you make a quick look over again and saw nothing, you left for English class.

~

"I've decided that after is school is an exceptional time to go to the market," Kyoya decided.

He sat next to you today and didn't bother to hide that he was talking to you.

"You should really put my schedule into consideration." You whispered back, trying to not get in trouble.

"Are you doing anything this weekend?"

"No-"

"Well it's settled then. Since you schedule is free and open, after school is the perfect time to leave."

To tired to rebuttal back you sighed and sunk down in English.

It's just coffee. We only need to get coffee with this guy, and I'll have the weekend to myself.

Maybe I can even get Kaoru to forgive me...

"Y/N?" Kyoya asked as he began to pack his things.

"Huh?" You asked. It frustrated you that Kaoru had managed to invade your thoughts. You didn't even notice that the final bell had rung.

"I'm picking you up at your house by 5. Be ready."

"How do you know where I live?!"

"I have my ways. I can find out nearly anything, if I wished to."

"Nice to know," You grunted as you shifted your bag onto your shoulder. Kyoya was the least of your worries, so focusing on him wouldn't do you any good. You figured that you'd bug him about it later.

You began to walk to your locker when you were suddenly stopped. An old client grabbed your arm. You turned around stunned but relax when you realized it was just him.

"Hey~ Sorry I haven't been able to see at the Host Club lately. I've been busy with school." He said while he shoving his hands into his pocket.

His name was Nao, and he had dirty blonde hair and was 6 feet tall. He had soft brown eyes and a great personality. Meeting decent people was also a perk of working at the Host Club.