Chapter 4

Back to Ryder's POV

"I thought Parker was staying here tonight," my mom says as she sets down a big bowl of salad on the table.

My family always eats dinner together. It keeps us close. Though it can also get annoying when I'm really busy with something but my parents do make compromises so it all works out.

"He is. He just... went somewhere," I trail off.

I'm honestly getting kind of worried. It's getting late and Parker's still not back.

Third person POV

Kohdi's still got the teenager in his arms. He's still holding him close in his lap, trying to protect the boy from all the awful memories that fill his mind.

The teenager's breathing gets steady and Kohdi looks at him closely to see he's fallen asleep.

The boy named Parker is tired from everything.

Tired from everything he's gone through.

And the PTSD attacks...

well that drains all the energy out of him.

Kohdi heaves Parker up from the sand, carrying him in his arms. He carries the teen to his car and lays him in the front seat.

Kohdi's trying his hardest not to wake Parker up for the boy looks like he hasn't gotten any sleep in five days.

Which he hasn't.

It's called insomnia.

Kohdi achieves not waking Parker up, smiling a bit at his accomplishment, and then goes back to the beach to carry the three surfboards to the shop which isn't an easy task considering each surfboard is quite heavy.

Kohdi gets into his car and pulls out.

He doesn't notice Ryder's car.

The one Parker rode here in.

He's just worried about the teenager laying limply in the passenger seat.

The teen is breathing steadily but sweating hard.

Kohdi pulls into his his gates, parking the car right up to his house, a mansion that everybody awes at though Kohdi wishes it was closer to the surfing beach.

Kohdi picks up Parker bridal style and makes his way into his house. Parker's got his head tilted back and leaning on Kohdi's arm. His eyes are closed, his blonde hair still wet, and he looks exhausted.

Kohdi places the boy in his own bed, the most comfortable bed in his home. Kohdi tries his best to pull off Parker's completely soaked and salty swim trucks off of Parker without waking him up.

Kohdi manages and lightly puts the covers over the tired, sleeping boy.

Kohdi's worried about Parker for he knows the PTSD often comes in Parker's sleep, especially after having an attack right before sleeping. So he sits on the reclining chair, leaning back and staring up at the ceiling, too worried to fall asleep.

Around 5 hours later, in the middle of the night, Parker wakes up.

He blinks his blue eyes, taking in his surroundings, Kohdi's familiar room.

It's dark but Parker can make out the figure leaning back in the reclining chair.

Parker can make out his bright blue eyes which are open.

"Kohdi?" Parker's voice is hoarse and tired.

Kohdi's head snaps up and he's immediately leaning down next to the bed. "Hey, how you doing?"