Chapter 4; Fighting a gang

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the late update. I've been having a writerblock at a later chapter, so I tried to hold down the updating for a bit, but I'm working on it so don't worry! Anyways, vote and comment if you like. Sharing and following is always appreciated!

Stay awesome and I love you!

xAllTimeTessax

Meanwhile....

Merla's P.O.V

It's funny who Downtown is actually located outside of the city. But even though it's separated from the crowded city, it has always been feared by who lived outside of Downtown. People who live in Downtown, Insiders, call the people in the city Outsiders. Insiders don't fear the streets of Downtown, since they probably have been living there for their entire lives.

Insiders are easily distinguished from Outsiders. Insiders' appearances are considered as threatening and they are often dressed in darker colors then Outsiders. The only signs of colors in Downtown are where the prostitutes are. An Outsider in Downtown means either losing all of your belongings or asking for being killed. It's a suicide mission for them to enter the streets of Downtown

+++++

The night had already fallen and the stars were out to shine upon the earth. The moon illuminated the road towards the beach. The only sounds audible were the sounds of my footsteps and the sounds of a group of people yelling and cheering. They made my search so much easier.

I walked in the shadows, looking at my targets. The smell of weed was surrounding them and some weird rap music was being played. 'This one should be easy.' I said to myself as I grinned. I came out of my hiding spot.

'Gentlemen!' I exclaimed as I spread my arms like I wanted to hug them. 'Who are you?' A younger fella asked. 'I'm just a woman, looking for some entertainment. I bet you can give it to me.' I said, holding in my laughter, because of their faces. They had the wrong idea.

A few of them started to cheer and chant some things. One of the older guys walked up to me and tried to touch me and that's when I reacted. I grabbed his wrist and twisted it the wrong way. The man let out a scream. I grinned at the man and planted my foot in his stomach with a round kick. He dropped to the ground. The gang members stared at me in shock.

'This bitch is serious?!' One of them shouted in disbelief. I let out a small laugh and I started to walk towards the guy. 'My, my. What a bad mouth.' I joke as I cover my mouth with my fingers.

'I told you that I was looking for entertainment, but you just got the wrong idea.' I reached to the guy and grabbed his collar. In a smooth move, I had lifted him in the air and raised my other hand. 'Now listen, pal! Stop robbing Mr. Durov and you won't die a painful death here.'

'Hello?' I heard a man say with a Russian accent. 'Hello, mister Durov. I'm your fighter for hire, Black Bird.' I spoke through the phone with a hyperactive Noah next to me. 'Black Bird, you say?' The man said surprised. 'I'd expected to be called by a no-life loser, but this is a surprise. I get called by the legendary Black Bird.'

'I'm not legendary, I just do my job right.' I told the Russian guy. 'But back to business. What can I help you with?' I asked as I jumped onto Noah's desk and sat on it with my legs crossed. 'The gang 'The Sharks' is recently robbing my suppliers and I need you to take care of them. My business is going to fall if you don't take care of them.'

'A thousand dollars you said?' I said while I grinned. 'I'll double it for you, my darling. I was expecting just a newbie fighter, but I've just contracted a professional.' I knew that the guy on the other end of the line was smirking.
'Give me one day. They will not bother you again, sir.' I said and I hung up the phone. I looked over at Noah who had his laptop ready.

'You know what to do. Research 'The Sharks'!' I commanded and he went to work right away.

I kneed the boy in his stomach and threw him to the side. 'You fucking bitch! You'll pay!' One screamed.

They all started to roar at me and that's when the fight started. I grinned and raised my hand, signing them to make the first move. 'Come give me your best shot. Let's see who will win.'

One started to run towards me with the baseball bat in his hands. He swung the metal bat at me but I easily dodge it by squatting down. I spun over the ground and swept the boy of his feet. He fell to the ground back first and groaned in pain. I grabbed his bat and slammed it against his temple.

I looked up to see another one running at me. As he tried to bring his fist to my face, I had already stepped aside and countered. With full force, I had planted my fist in his abdomen. I grinned as I saw the guy looking in fear at me. 'Two down.' I told him and I spun around and made a back kick on his throat.

Two guys were coming at me from both directions. I gritted my teeth, but then I got an idea. I ran towards the guy on my left and uppercut him on his jaw. From the corner of my eye I saw the other guy running at me with his right fist ready to punch me. Perfect!

I waited for him to get closer. As he was only a few feet away from me, I dodged his fist by moving underneath it. Because of the force that pulled the boy forward, he started to fall over me and that's when I took my chance.

I grabbed with one hand his shirt and with the other one of his legs. With all my strength I threw him over my back and he landed on his back in the dirt. I raised my leg and stomped with my foot onto his chest.

'Come on guys. Don't let me done.' I said with the same grin on my face. 'Don't get cocky!' One of them exclaimed and he came running with another bat in his hand. These guys never learn.

He jumped up to smash the bat with full force on my skull, but I was faster than him. I rolled over the ground and hit with my foot against his, making him fall on the ground. As fast as I could, I reached for his wooden bat and slammed against his back.

I realized that a few were running away, but I didn't care. I think those got the message. Just a few yet to handle.

Another guy started to run frantically at me. I made a back kick in his stomach and made a round kick to his head right away. He fell to the side as he groaned in pain.

Before I could realize, I felt a burst of pain going through my head. I dropped on my knees and held my head as I felt a warm liquid was stinging my hands. I looked over my shoulder and saw a gang member with a now broken wooden baseball bat in his hands.

'Take that, you bitch!' He said, not sounding too confident of himself. I started to growl like a wild animal. I jumped up, ignoring the dizziness and pain in my head. I raised my fist and with all my might, I hooked him right in his face. He fell backwards on the ground.

The rest of them started to run away, but I saw that one didn't move from his position. He was a younger than the rest, probably new in the gang. His eyes were wide in fear and his body was paralyzed. Sweat was rolling down his forehead.

I walked to him and grabbed his collar. 'Give this message to your leader. Steal again from Mr. Durov and you all are dead.' I hissed at the boy. The boy nodded his head wildly. 'Pathetic.' I mumbled and let go of him. I knocked him out with a hook kick.

I was out of breath and my throat was burning. I looked around to see that I had knocked out 10 of the 18 gang members. It was easier than I expected.

I think I should get out of here, before someone calls the cops on me. I started to run to the cycle track that led to Downtown. My motorcycle was just outside of Downtown. I didn't wanted to attract any attention, so I placed it there.

My feet were working on their own. My mind was completely off guard. If someone wanted to take revenge now, I will be completely in disadvantage.

As I was running over the track, my eyes fell onto the restaurant. I saw someone staring at me from the back door. I was about to glare at the person, but then I saw who it was.

It was that guy from yesterday! I stopped in my tracks to stare at him. I never had time for a boyfriend, so that's why I never felt attraction to boys, but holy fuck did I do now. His light brown hair was messy and his grey eyes were widened in shock. He recognized me, didn't he?

I was about to tell him what he was looking at, but the dizziness became too much and fell unconscious on the ground.