Chapter 1: Moving

Today was the day that we were moving back to Forks, Washington. Bella decided it would be a good idea that we should both move and live with our dad Charlie, while Mom and Philip traveled due to Philips's job as a baseball player. Honestly, the only reason I'm not complaining is that I love the weather in Forks, I love the snow and the rain, and there is also a forest there, it is just so beautiful.

My name is Valerie-Mae Swan, but some people call me Val or Mae. I am Bella's fraternal twin. The only thing we share in common is out dark brown hair and pale skin, although mine is a bit more tan. I have blue eyes, and I wear glasses since without them I would be a clumsy mess as my sister is. I would wear contacts but they get irritating, and most people assume I get colored contacts to "try to be cool" and fit in and start bullying for it. I am not a clumsy, awkward mess like my sister I am just a timid and introverted person. Thus most people tend to forget about me or that I am even there in a lot of situations.

Anyway we had just finished getting out luggage and we were heading out to look for Dad, and honestly, it wasn't that hard to find him. He hasn't changed much since the last time I saw him, but he kinda has a sad resting face, which makes me feel bad. Honestly, I was a big Dad's girl but I know we've been busy and haven't had time for each other like before.

"Dad!" I yell while trying to run to him with all my luggage with me at the same time, while Bella stayed behind, kind of taking her time to reach us. He turns and spots us quickly and greats me with open arms.

"Val! Oh my God, I miss you girls how was your flight?" he asked as we hugged each other tightly. Bella then decided to join a bit after.

"It was okay, just your typical flight I suppose. Hi Dad," says Bella.

"Hey, Kiddo."

"Can we get going now I want to shower and rest," I say trying to avoid the tension that is bound to come sooner or later, they are both too awkward with each other. Guess its how they say like father like daughter.

"Sure let's get going I came in the cruiser."

I could see Bella start to internally cringe, she didn't like the cruiser much since it brought attention, yet for someone who never really liked getting attention, she had a decent amount of friends and was more loved and known rather than me I suppose. But I know Dad shows his love equally when we are both around, but when it is just him and I, I'm clearly the favorite.

The ride home was kinda boring we held some small talk so there wasn't much tension and awkwardness with me in the car. As we reached home we unload the car and start to head upstairs, Bella and I would share a room when we would come and visit, so I'm hoping that is not the case now. Not to say Bella is a bad roommate or anything but we each like our own space, we are close and talk to each other when we need it but we both are still different even if we are twins.

"Oh Val, I have a surprise for you. I know you are both older and thought you both might want your own space so I remade the attic, it has no bathroom but it has everything else you might need. And Bella you get the other room."

"Thanks, Dad! I'm sure I'll love it!" I said. I hugged Dad and headed straight to the attic, once I got up there it was beautiful. the side walls where the normal wood but with a clear coat, while the other two walls were a white color. On one side there was a desk and a chair, and the other had drawers with a small vanity mirror to put all my stuff, and a wardrobe to put the rest of my clothes in. In general, it was nice and cute and I loved it, but I think I might have to make a shelf to put some books, and other things too.

(So instead of bathtub there is a desk with a chair on the opposite side there are drawers with a vanity mirror, and in the end, there is a wardrobe because we are being realistic here

(So instead of bathtub there is a desk with a chair on the opposite side there are drawers with a vanity mirror, and in the end, there is a wardrobe because we are being realistic here. And there is no swing either but there might be more stuff said later)

After I was done packing I heard I car pulling over, and I could hear Bella telling me to come down.

As we both head down together I see an old red truck with Bella's name over it. We both know how to drive and have our license but I don't think I could drive something that fragile unless I had too.

"You like it?" asked Dad.

"Is that mine?" asked Bella

"Yeah, just bought it off of Billy here, remember him and Jake? I supposed since you guys were coming might need something to drive around with."

"I love it! Thanks."

"Hey I'm Jake, we used to make mud pies when we were little" Jake had gotten older since I last saw him, but he still had a boyish baby face making him look innocent but I knew how much trouble that boy had actually caused when we were younger, ah those were the good times. Yet if I remember correctly he used to, or by the looks of it, still has a crush on Bella.

"Yeah I remember," I said for Bella and I, mostly because I know she might not remember him at all.

Bella then went for the truck and got in while jake went after her to teach her about the truck, not before getting hit with the door.

I left and went back to finish setting up my room before I showered and headed down to make dinner, Bella was vegetarian so I made her food first and then I made Dad's and I. And so later that night I made sure everything was ready for tomorrow's first day of school, something I was surely not looking forward too.