Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

“Hey Adelaide can I talk to you for a second?” Killian’s voice behind made me close my car door and turn around to face him.

“Hey Killian what can I do for you?”

“I have a few more questions for you about everything.” Killian said sounding a little uneasy.

“Okay like what?” I asked leaning against my car.

“How are you so calm about everything?” Killian asked.

“I’ve been living in this world for a long time; you do eventually get used to it.”

“What do we do now?”

“You know now what why don’t your guys just come with me to my house I’ll show you around and everything.” I said.

“Really?” Killian asked being taken about.

“Yes you guys can come stay with me for a little bit.”

“I’ll go talk to the other guys and see what they want to do.” Killian said.

“Okay cool so here is my address.” I said grabbing his hand and writing my address down on his hand.

“Thanks Ad.” Killian said smiling at me.

“Ad? You think you can just give me a nickname?” I asked laughing.

“Your name is a bit long so I just tried to shorten it.” Killian said laughing with me.

“I like I’ve never been given a nickname before.” I said.

“Well I’m glad that I can give you one.” Killian said scratching his head.

“Well I have to go but I guess I’ll see you guys later maybe.” I said opening my car door.

“Yeah see you later or tomorrow.” Killian said before turning around and walking off.

“He is so good looking. “ Carla said walking over to me.

“He is one of the new transfers.” I said opening my car door.

“He is still hot… see you tomorrow.” Carla said as we hugged bye and I got into my car.

I was about to start the car when my phone started ringing.

“Hello?”

“Adelaide this Skylar we have an issue here at the house would you please come by.” Skylar said.

“I’ll be right there.” I said hanging up.

The house is an old mansion right at the edge of town. It is surrounded by a tall wall and guards at the entrances. There is only one way into the mansion and one way out. The mansion is where we keep the few of us that have broken laws or are too dangerous to let out into the world.

I drive through the gate towards the mansion entrance. I get out of my car and give my keys to the vale parked near the entrance.

“Adelaide thank you for coming so quickly.” Skylar said. Skylar is like owner of the mansion. She owns the house and allows our leaders to keep the threats inside it.

“It’s no problem, what’s wrong you seem really upset.” I said as I follow her down the hallway.

“Something happened last night.” Skylar said

“What kind of something?” I asked not liking the sound of that. Something happening is always bad.

“There was an incident.” Skylar said coming to the end of the hall and opening one of the doors on her left.

“What happened Skylar you know being so secretive annoys me.” I said but froze when I saw the scene in front of me.

On the floor lay a young man with blood all around him.

“Who is he?” I asked walking over to the body.

“His name is Charles Wilkerson.” Skylar said.

“Why was he in here?” I asked.

“We don’t know he wasn’t a patent.” Skylar said.

 “Then how did he end up in here?”

“That’s what we were hoping you would be able to tell us.”

“Start by figuring out who start in the cell.” I said examining the body.

“We are busy looking at the records but there are so many it’s going to take some time.”

“He was stabbed in the back of the neck by some sort of blade.” I said noticing an entry wound on the back on the victims neck.

“None of the patents are permitted to carry weapons.”

“Well then we are looking for someone who can created a weapon then.” I said turning to Skylar.

“That’ll help will help narrow down the search.” Skylar said following me out.

“You have to find who did this quickly.”

“Why?”

“That man died horribly and painfully because the killer enjoys causing him pain and making him suffer if you don’t find him fast he will kill again.” I warned her.

“Is there anything else you can tell us about the person we are looking for?”

“I have to synchronize with his mind and memories.”

“You think you’ll be able to see what his killer looks like?” Skylar asked.

“I don’t know but it’s worth a try.”

Synchronizing is a special I have can see that last five minutes of a person’s life. It allows me to help catch the bad guys and I am also the one person in the last two hundred years that can do it. It weakness me and I usually pass out because when I am in another person’s mind it’s like I am living their life and that I am dying with them. It’s extremely painful.

Would love to hear your thoughts on my story.