Part 91

Door bell rang, Anita opened the door happily as she had already seen Arnav's car entering.

"Chotey..Tum.."

Her eyes directly fell on that bandage on Arnav's forehead, she panicked finding that injury on her son's head.

" What happened to you?? What's this??"

" Maa.. That's nothing. Just a small cut. Relax!!" (he tried to calm her down holding her hand.)

"But how?? Why did not you tell before??", Anita was not ready to calm down. How could she be after seeing him like this?

" For this reason.. You will get tensed unnecessarily. Would not I have informed if something major had happened??"

He consoled his mother, wrapping his arm around Anita's shoulder.

" Let's go inside Maa."

Sitting beside Arnav, Anita inspected his forehead moving away his hair.

" You are not lying to me na??"

Arnav smiled kissing her hand, " I'm telling you the truth. It's absolutely nothing."

Anita cupped his face and planted a soft kiss on Arnav's forehead, Arnav smiled. 

" Have you had your meal??"

Arnav shook his head negatively.

" Bohot bhuk lag rahi hai Maa.. I'll just change and come in five minutes."

Anita nodded her head, Arnav started going upstairs to his bedroom while thinking inwardly why another pair of eyes carrying same emotions and care for him was not present there when heard from behind as Anita said.

" Chotey, Khushi is not at home. She and Nitya have gone to meet designer for Nitya's wedding outfit."

Acknowledging that, Arnav moved upstairs. He quickly took a shower and joined his mother for lunch on dining table.

"Will not Khushi come for lunch??"(Asked Arnav while serving rice himself and on Anita's plate.)

Anita replied while serving other dishes.

" She will be here soon but she has had her lunch with Nitya. "

Arnav and Anita started having lunch, Arnav started telling his mother about Lucknow happenings. Arnav helped his mother cleaning table as normally Khushi helps, as she was not present Arnav thought to do her task. Anita was happy too, they were having a nice timing together when the main door got opened and Khushi came inside carrying 2-3 bags.

" Why none is answering my calls?? I have been calling.."

She stopped abruptly as her eyes fell on Arnav's forehead.

"Kya hua tumhe??" (what happened to you??), rushed Khushi to Arnav keeping her bags on sofa. Touching his forehead gently, she asked.

" Would you like to explain what's this??" (She demanded his answer.)

"It's just a small cut Khushi.."

" Yeah.. This bandage is saying how small this cut is!! So just don't even try to cover it."

"Shut up.."

"You shut up.. Arnav."

Anita interpreted them.

" I am going, when you both will be done with your "Shut up..You Shut up.", then call me. Ok??"

Khushi's jaw dropped..Why can't Mumma ever be strict with him?? Anita started leaving from there but Khushi stopped her.