𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞&𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦

—DESIRE&DECORUM

     KATYA GRIFFITH WAS A PRINCESS, technically anyway

     Sure, being the King's eldest daughter and third in line for throne made her a certified royal, but it wasn't like she cared for the glitz and glam really. Katya yearned to be just another village girl, the way Katerina frolicked to and fro without a care in the world, no strings attached pulling her every which way— it was refreshing. All Katya had ever known were the castle walls. She was isolated from other children during her early years, homeschooling and French lessons were better uses of her time. Couldn't go just about anywhere without her personal guard trailing steps behind her—it was suffocating.

She wasn't sure what it was that she was missing- but she could feel it like a nearby storm. 

So Katya Griffith was a princess, technically anyway. Her father, the war hungry king, wouldn't say she necessarily fit the standards. And her dear sweet mother said she could be anything she could dream up. Taught her how to charm and marvel, how to make somebody listen to you and deal with them when they wouldn't, she wanted her to be well equipped for this world.

She blended in with the rest of her siblings, just another pretty doe eyed black girl with a secretive smile, like she knew something you didn't. She grew up amongst knights and wild animals, you'd be a fool to pass her off as just another one of the lot, to not see the fighter behind the pin curls and fancy dresses itching to break free. 

He saw it in her. Couldn't chance fate and took matters into his own hands for his own selfish reasons, whether or not the love was real- it opened the flood, they destroyed things you can't replace, burned it all to the ground.

Mikaelsons had always been known to leave behind loose ends, so to say she was surprised when her past caught up to her almost six hundred years later would be a lie. It had been her own fault that she'd allowed herself to get tangled up in all of their desire and decorum.

katya griffith as describedanastasiya griffith sophie okonedoivalio griffith hakeem kae-kazimkyree griffith tobi bakredima griffith rotimiyuliana griffith adesua etomicalen griffith genevieve nnajikaterina petrova/elena gilbert nina dobrev

anastasiya griffith sophie okonedo
ivalio griffith hakeem kae-kazim
kyree griffith tobi bakre
dima griffith rotimi
yuliana griffith adesua etomi
calen griffith genevieve nnaji
katerina petrova/elena gilbert nina dobrev

dedications
kayla! for being obsessed w this book enough
to force me to continue it and go through w it <3
disclaimer
i don't own the vampire diaries or any of the characters, only the plot of this book and characters i add into it!
for the sake of this book i've moved around lots of events periodically, other than that everything else is pretty much the same! 

warning
this book contains: violence, blood/gore, character death, as well as unhealthy/toxic relationships. if that's not for you or makes you uncomfortable don't read!!