Chapter - 9 : Day Out

~Ruhana~

I was checking dishes that Vineet had ordered and was surprised to find that everything that he had ordered were my favorite,mostly. He came out of the washroom and we had an argument on who knows whom better. Certainly, he knew me better. He knew everything, about what kind of person I am, what are my likes and dislikes and what are my priorities towards him.

My reverie was broken by his voice. I looked up and was left stunned to what he had to say. He kissed  my forehead  and gave me a box. I looked at him in surprise.

"What is this?" I asked.

"See for yourself." he said taking his seat beside me and began serving the food.

I unwrapped the box. There was a small box beneath and when I opened it, I was left surprised. It contained a platinum bracelet. I eyed Vineet. I didn't know what to say.. Yes, he is my best friend,and now my husband as well. But i didn't expect such a gift from him. Especially because , I wasn't his wife yet. We hadn't begun our journey as husband and wife and he was gifting me a platinum love bracelet.

He smiled at me. Maybe he knew the reason of my perplexed thoughts. He took my hands in his.

" this is only for you Ruhana

" this is only for you Ruhana. I know whatever that happened wasn't good, but i feel everything will be back on track." he said.

I eyed him…

 "Only if you'll tell me the right things

"Only if you'll tell me the right things."  i said.

" I will." he said.

I agreed. The bracelet was really beautiful. He made me wear it on my hand, after which we had our lunch. Since he had already planned to go out in the evening, we relaxed for a while.

I don't know how much time it took, but I woke up at Vineet's voice. I sat up on the bed  and he placed the tray on the bed. He had already ordered coffee for both of us and he was dressed casually in jeans and tshirt. He smiled at me.

“Get ready

“Get ready. We’ll leave in a while. “ he said.

I nodded as I sipped my coffee. He told me about a catheral  and a small market. I was elated since I wanted to visit a church since a long time, and he was taking me there. I used to ask him to take me to church since we were kids. Today, he was doing the same for me. I freshened up and we left the hotel.

We headed out of the hotel asking the manager about the way to the cathedral. We decided to walk to the cathedral to which Vineet agreed. The place was pleasant in the evening. We could see people rushing home after a day at work, children were playing around and the weather was pleasant too. We walked to the church hand in hand.

The cathedral  was beautiful inside out. The divine feeling touched my heart as we entered the church. I could feel calm and peaceful at the same time.

"This place is so beautiful." I whispered.

"Yes I agree. Such worship places are always calm." Vineet said.

"Han, aur tum kitna ladte they mujhse is baat pe

"Han, aur tum kitna ladte they mujhse is baat pe. Tumhe toh aana hi nahi hota tha mere sath church. Isliye bahaane banate they." I said.

He smiled…

 "i was a kid back then Ruhana

"i was a kid back then Ruhana. But i feel every place is divine in itself." he said.

I smiled as we moved forward while looking around the church. I lit the candles as well. It was the most refreshing moment. After worshipping we moved out. There was garden beside the church and we could see few people therein. We entered in the garden and a soft fragrance hit our nostrils. I jumped with joy as I saw many colorful flowers therein. He smiled as I tugged on his arm and pulled him. We clicked  a lot of pictures and strolled in the market around.

I looked at him. He was lost, but was trying to be happy. We strolled together and it made me happy. Maybe, he will also tell me about what's bothering him soonish. My trance was broken by him. I looked at him and found him smiling at me.

"There's a restaurant nearby, let's go there for dinner."  he said.

"and what's special?" I asked.

He smiled… "It's one of the top restaurants here. Thai cuisine is delicious here." he said.

I smiled.. "Ahaa! Then it's gonna be fun." I said.

He smiled and extended his hand towards me. I kept my hand on his and we walked towards the restaurant. He placed the order  and we sat talking about what will be doing the next day. Meanwhile someone came to greet him and he was left shocked tensed to see the person.

To Be Continued.

Who came in the end?

Why is Vineet shocked?

Stay tuned.