15. A Family Discovery

Y/N's POV

We found Hermione and Ron together looking at all the sweets on offer, we thought it would be too risky to expose ourselves now so we waited until they both left.

When they left, we waited until they were far away from any crowd before I whispered. "Pst, pst, Hermione, Ron."

They turned around, confused before me and Harry's head popped out.

"Y/N!" squealed Hermione. "What are you doing here? How-how did you-?"

"Wow!" said Ron, looking very impressed. "You've both learned to Apparate!"

"'Course we haven't," said Harry. I then beckoned the other two closer and told them all about the Marauder's Map.

"How come Fred and George never gave it to me!" said Ron, outraged. "I'm their brother!"

"Well, Issac also owned it and well, he is my brother." I said shrugging.

"But you're not going to keep it!" said Hermione. "You're going to hand it in to Professor McGonagall, you are going to right, Y/N?"

"No, he's not!" said Harry, answering for me.

"Are you mad?" said Ron, looking at Hermione. "Hand in something that good?"

"If I hand it in, I'll have to say where I got it! Filch would know Fred and George had nicked it!" I said.

"But what about Sirius Black?" Hermione hissed. "He could be using one of the passages on that map to get into the castle! The teachers have got to know!"

"He can't be getting in through a passage." I said quickly. "There are seven secret tunnels on the map, right? Issac, Fred and George reckon Filch already knows about four of them. And of the other three, one of them's caved in, so no one can get through it. One of them's got the Whomping Willow planted over the entrance, so you can't get out of it. And the one I just came through it's really hard to see the entrance, so unless he knew it was there-"

I hesitated. What if Black did know the passage was there? Ron, however, cleared his throat and pointed to a notice.

BY ORDER OF THE MINISTRY OF MAGIC
Customers are reminded that until further notice, Dementors will be patrolling the streets of Hogsmeade every night after sundown. This measure has been put in place for the safety of Hogsmeade residents and will be lifted upon the recapture of Sirius Black. It is therefore advisable that you complete your shopping well before nightfall.
Merry Christmas!

"See?" said Ron quietly. "I'd like to see Black try and break into Honeydukes with Dementors swarming all over the village. Anyway, Hermione, the Honeydukes owners would hear a break-in, wouldn't they? They live over the shop!"

"Yes, but-but-" Heroine seemed to be struggling to find another problem. "Look, they still shouldn't be coming into Hogsmeade. If anyone finds out, they'll be in so much trouble!"

"Come on, Hermione, it's Christmas. They deserve a break." Ron said.

Hermione bit her lip, looking extremely worried.

"Are you going to report me?" I asked her, grinning.

"Oh, of course not, but honestly, Y/N-"

She couldn't find the words, so Ron suggested that we go to The Three Broomsticks.

The Three Broomsticks was extremely crowded.

"That's Madam Rosmerta," said Ron, "I'll get the drinks, shall I?" he added, going slightly red.

Me, Harry and Hermione made our way to the back of the room, where there was a small, vacant table. Ron came back five minutes later, carrying four foaming tankards of hot butterbeer.