Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The next day, I drove to the school to watch Scott and Stiles' practice once again. Stiles had texted me that morning during work, informing me that the animal hairs other body were from a wolf, meaning that Scott had also been bitten by the animal.

I saw Stiles run up to Scott, trying to tell him something, but Scott wouldn't have it. The team huddled around the coach and after a few minutes, the whistle blew and the game began.

The pace was fast and brutal. When the ball got passed to Scott, one of the boys went right after him. Lacrosse sticks smacked down on Scott's gloves, making him tumble forward and slam to the ground. He got up, clearly mad, and made his way to the middle of the field. He was face to face with the guy from before, crouching down with their sticks, waiting for the whistle to blow. Once the coach whistled, Scott moved with a shocking speed, snatching the ball right away.
I stood up, not believing my eyes.

Scott charged the length of the field, and defense lashed out with their sticks, but he parried expertly. He twisted his lacrosse stick around, keeping the ball safely in the pocket while he did a front flip, leaping right over the heads of the defensive players. Feet landing on the turf, he whirled around, tossing the ball right into the net.
The crowd roared in the bleachers, except for me, and Stiles. We gave each other worried looks, since we were thinking the same.

That was not normal.

The coach called him to the sidelines, demanding what in the hell were those moves. When Scott hesitated, he announced that he had made first line, earning another cheer from the crowd.

Nope. This was definitely not good.

After dropping Scott off at work, Stiles called me, practically begging me to meet him at his house. I obliged, since he sounded pretty desperate. When I got there, Sherriff Stilinski let me in and pointed the way to his son's room. I opened the door and raised my eyebrows at the sight in front of me.

Stiles' fingers were clicking furiously over his keyboard. His eyes were locked onto his computer screen while he bounced from one web page to the next. I crept up closer, curious on what he was looking at. Words and images were popping up on the screen, and I was completely shocked.

Wolfsbane, Silver Bullets, Lycaon, Aconite, drawings of werewolves in different forms, one mostly human, another a massive fur-covered creature and yet another appearing as a normal wolf. Images and pages kept popping up, flashing across the screen.

"Oh. My. God." I whispered, looking up at the sky.

It was a full moon tonight.

Stiles let out a piercing scream, making me join in. I fell down to the ground when he pushed off the chair and towered over me. He finally settled down when he saw my face, leaning back on his chair and catching his breath while I calmed down on the floor.

"What the hell, Osiris!?" He screamed, an angry expression on his face.

I glared back, pushing myself off the floor and crossing my arms. "Well, you were too damn busy looking at all this werewolf shit to notice me coming in. What is this anyways?"

Stiles stood up, walking over to his printer and grabbing a stack of papers. He thrust them into my hands, talking
while I looked through them. The printouts consisted of more werewolf traits, many of which I had noticed on Scott the past few days. Super hearing, short temper, hightened vision, and other things. Some were on their weaknesses and such.

"The practice today got me thinking. You know that wolf bite Scott received? Well, I looked into it. What if it wasn't from a normal wolf? Scott became superhuman overnight. Amazing lacrosse moves, enhanced sight, hearing and smell. I haven't seen him struggle for air since that bite. Think about it, Osiris. What if Scott is turning into a werewolf?" Stiles ranted, pacing the room.