A Dash of Complications.

if ur looking for a book with a dash of drama and something with antics/dramatics, u've come to the right place. this is ur classic and cliché teenage story.

SUMMARY

Two days ago, he'd proclaimed that he would rather rip out his vocal cords than voluntarily converse with Violet Boyle, who, according to him, was the devil's reincarnate. Of course, what with his miserable luck, she'd overheard him.

Thus, Stetson Castillo could have never imagined that there'd come a day when he would become the shoulder that Violet Boyle, a loud-mouthed girl who's despised his guts ever since he accidentally spilled cherry Kool-aid on her four years ago, would use to cry on.

Add a dash of complications, a girl with a sailor's mouth, a boy with too much cynicism, and what do you have?

Maybe love.

Maybe hate.

But definitely mutual tolerance.

CHARACTERS

i usually don't like doing castings for the main characters, so you can imagine them however you'd like! but i do like it for the side characters, and ever since this book was published in 2014, i've found so many different actors/actresses that fit the vibe of the characters so well!

for those who have read this before, i kept the original casting for kieran and mark. i have also chosen two actors from riverdale, but this is not a story about the show at all.

kieran boyle

vera collins

vera collins

jenny marshall

jenny marshall

mark valentine

mark valentine

-------- SOME NOTES --------

warnings: 
to start, this book is cliché, but not overtly so. it's predominately drama-based, since i think it can be fun to write a story that contains a flare of dramatics and ridiculous antics (sometimes, you just need a little dash of this in your life). i'm aiming to make this book an easy read, but it'll definitely address certain family-related topics (this is a large theme, uncovering family relations).

i wrote this story years ago, so originally it does contain a lot of drama. even though i'm re-vamping it and i don't like writing about drama to the extent as i did back then, i wanted to maintain the essence of what the story was. taking that away would make it an entirely different book, and i couldn't possibly change the story that drastically.

so here's to another version of this book!

to everyone,

i cannot believe this is happening right now. i wrote this book  five-years ago then. this is absolutely insane to think about, because, wow, has the years gone by. ADOC was the first book i ever wrote and published on Wattpad, so it means a lot to me. after returning from a super long hiatus from Wattpad, i haven't been able to stop thinking about it, so here I am.

it's probably a bad idea to start this when i'm only beginning to write again. the semester is finishing up soon and i have time to write (or so i think and hope, but probably not because of online summer classes).

to former readers (if you guys r still there bc i know it's been years),

HI, I'M RE-WRITING THIS.

and i'm also changing it a lot.

first off, Harper Wesley is now Stetson Castillo. i decided to change his name, because i felt like if i kept the original last name, i would be limited by what the original character was (and i didn't really like him that much. so toxic and not cute, and i'm really not about that aloof and impassive vibe anymore. of course, some of the little bits will be there, but he was kind of mean lol). even four years ago, after i unpublished this, i knew k wanted to change his name to Stetson. a lot of the characters will remain present, because o kind of grew an attachment to them. most of the main surprises (!!!!!!) will still be here, but hopefully, they're going to be better executed.

-------- FINAL NOTES --------

ANYWAYS, I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!

IM SO NERVOUS AND EXCITED TO WRITE THIS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

- Anna