EIGHT.

☆彡
derry's small roads were not meant for eileen. she had grown accustomed to the bustling california traffic, the large roads. as she drove to meet richie and the other losers, she felt as if her world was closing in on her. coming to a stop sign, eileen's mind ran wild.

what did it mean now that jay had read the letters, that she knew about pennywise? did reece know? were the young tozier kids going to be victims of its torment?

the sound of a car horn honking snapped eileen out of her thoughts as she continued to drive. the overly concerned mother heard her phone ringing. eileen sighed and picked up her phone that had been residing in the passenger seat.

"rich, i'm like five minutes away." eileen greeted. after she listened to laughter in the background, richie finally spoke into the phone.

"okay, we're sitting towards the back. how are your parents doing?" richie questioned. eileen's small hands turned her steering wheel and her car turned onto the next street as she began to answer her husband's question.

"mom's good, she was so excited to see the kids. my dad was out running errands so i didn't get to see them. richie?" eileen's heart started to beat faster.

"yes?" richie responded.

eileen didn't know how to tell him that their daughter knew about it. she didn't want to tell him that his little girl would, more likely than not, be tormented by pennywise's mind games. she felt herself sigh out a breath that she didn't know that she was holding in.

"i love you." was all that she could say. richie tozier smiled into his phone, unbelievably happy with his life at that exact moment.
"i love you more, e." he grinned.

richie heard bill and eddie snicker from behind him. beverly hit bill's arm softly, signaling for him to be quiet. eileen and richie ended their call and richie turned around to see his friends smiling at him.

"didn't know that you were such a big romantic, rich." eddie joked, earning small laughs from the group.
"it's actually good to be in touch with your emotions, so uh, fuck you, eds." richie commented.

it felt as if they were kids again, the years aged them, but nothing could halt or ruin the years of childhood that the kids all spent together. nevertheless, all of the adults felt that something, someone was missing. they knew that it was their lack of stan—the death that they agreed not to speak on anymore.

richie, bill, beverly, and eddie walked back to their table and they all took their seats. eileen walked into the restaurant, following richie's vague hint that they were "sitting towards the back." as she walked towards the back of the restaurant, she felt like she was having an outer body experience. her mind was in two different places at once—one part was focused on her daughter's life and the second was trying to prepare herself to reunite with her friends.

eileen's blue eyes set their sight on the losers sitting at the table. she decided to try on a fake smile as she walked over to them.
"e!" richie chimed, smiling brightly at his wife.

he stood and the two hugged tightly. the others stood and eileen shared a hug with each and every one of them.

"i see that you still kept the bangs after all of these years." beverly joked, smiling at eileen.
"she loves them so much that she influenced our daughter to get some." richie butted in.

eileen nudged him softly as they sat down next to each other.
"you two have a daughter?" bill raised an eyebrow.

"how did you not know that?" eddie kaspbrak fired towards bill denbrough.

"actually, we have a daughter and a son." eileen nodded as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

bill, mike, and beverly sat in shock over the confession of eileen and richie having children.
"wait, wait! when did that all happen?" beverly questioned.

richie looked over at his wife, and eileen looked towards richie. richie often forgot how long they had been married and when they found out that they were pregnant.

"well, we got married after she graduated and then a little while later, eileen found out that she was pregnant. our daughter, jade, was born in 2003. then, we didn't really want anymore kids because jay was a handful. despite that, we discovered that condoms are only ninety-seven percent effective." richie explained.

"and that's how we became pregnant with reece. he's eleven now." eileen nodded and looked towards the group.

given that he was the only one that stayed in touch with the toziers after all of the passing years, eddie knew all about the tozier kids.

"oh my god, so you two are like parents! did—have your kids ever....have they ever asked about it? or derry?" bill questioned.

eileen returned back to her state of constant worry. richie opened his mouth to speak, but eileen didn't hear any of what he said.

"eileen? e?" richie looked towards his wife. she gave a blank stare as she zoned out. richie furrowed his eyebrows as he nudged eileen gently. suddenly, eileen couldn't hold it in any longer.

"jade knows about pennywise, she read our old letters." eileen blurted out, attracting the attention of their group.

richie's eyes widen as he was catapulted into a catatonic-like state.

hi so here's the deal!
i haven't seen chapter 2, but i feel like it doesnt follow the storyline that i have going on currently.
so my question for you is;
should i continue the storyline that i had planned and try to make it work with the movie or postpone until i've seen the movie and then rearrange this story to where it fits the movie's storyline?