Prologue

Lola’s POV

I sat on the floor, my back against the lounge chair, my knees brought up to my chest and my head in my hands.  The tears streamed down my face.  I kept replaying our conversation over and over; I knew he’d never come back.  I wiped at the tears, my hand only coming away smudged with the remnants of my mascara.  I reached for the ice cream again, though I’d hate myself for it in the morning, it was the only thing that was working for me now.

I thought I’d had my heart broken before.  I don’t think I’d ever been so wrong in my life.  There was nothing that compared that to what I was feeling now.  Mainly because it was somewhere in between the worst feeling ever, and not feeling anything at all.  I just wanted to sleep, and preferably never wake up.  I gave that boy everything.  I practically handed him my soul, and this is what he did to repay me.

I was close to sleep, that’s when I heard the banging on the door.  I forced myself off the ground, wiping away the mascara on my cheeks at the mirror near the door.  I briefly fanned my face, trying to dry any remaining tears, before standing tall and opening the front door.  There Harry stood, with puffy eyes and a bandaged hand.

I slammed the door in his face.

Harry’s POV

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, my torso slouched over and my head in my hands.  The tears were still trailing down my cheeks.  I kept replaying our conversation over and over; I knew she’d never take me back.  I could feel the throbbing in my right hand and the blood slowly trickling down to my elbow.  I’d punched the wall before, now my knuckles were raw and bleeding and it felt like I’d broken something.

I’d never felt so lost and alone and worthless in my life.  She had the power to make me the happiest guy in the world, but one screw up from me saw that being the complete opposite.  She deserved so much better, I knew that.  Hell, everyone probably knew that.  It had taken so long to convince her to finally give me a chance, even if it was just as a friend.  I was already in love with her, I just had to wait for her to fall in love with me, and hope that she would.  And she did.

I couldn’t stand being in this house anymore.  I grabbed my car keys and phone and barged out of the house, slamming the front door behind me.  I tried to concentrate as I drove in silence, I knew exactly where I was going.  I parked on the street, killed the engine and ran up to the front door.  I banged on the door with my left hand, hoping some one was home.  Lola answered the door.

Before I even had the chance to say anything, she slammed it in my face.  I guess I deserved that.

_____________________

Hi guys,

So this is my first fan fiction, and it'd be great to get some feedback from you all.  Comment and vote!

xx Tay.