CRIME

CRIME

Luke

It wasn't his fault. He just saw it shining and he knew he had to have it.

He walked past Tiffany & Co. In his pocket, his fingers twitched.

He'd just go inside and look. That was harmless.

Right?

A small part of him knew that it was wrong. He'd thought it would be harmless last time, too.

Still, he walked in, his fingers tingling against the cool glass door as he pushed it open.

"Hello, sir, how may we help you?" A short lady smiled at him.

He shrugged. "Just looking." He gave her what he hoped was a winning, innocent smile.

He wasn't a criminal.

"Trying to buy something for someone special?" she asked, following him as he started to walk around.

Luke didn't answer her. He was fixated on the glittering diamonds in the glass display cases.

"Sir?"

And that's when he punched the glass.

Michael

He walked down the street, his fingers twiddling a match. He wasn't a smoker, although he'd been asked if he was many times.

He just adored fire.

Michael suddenly froze in front of the street sign.

Elm Street.

The bastard's street.

The match already seemed to be growing hotter in his hand. He grit his teeth and continued down, a plan already writing itself in his mind.

He smiled. He could almost smell the burning wood, almost see the smoke twisting up into the sky, forming intricate patterns above the blazing flames.

He paused in front of their lawn. It was dark. Would anyone notice him?

He shrugged. It didn't matter anyway.

He struck the match.

Calum

He was just having fun.

It was a college party. Loud music, drinks, hot girls, and drugs. That's all there was to it.

Until he left.

Calum drove down the dark street, smiling to himself. He hummed to a song that had been playing an hour ago.

He loved college.

He wasn't exactly sure what drugs he'd taken tonight. Definitely not the usual. He felt... different.

And then the sirens went off.

Calum frowned. He'd been driving normally, hadn't he?

The officer came over, and Calum rolled down his window. "Hello, officer," he said, smiling. "Can I help you?"

"Son, I'm going to need you to get out of the car."

Calum was confused. "Out of the car?"

The police officer pulled out a gun.

"Out of the car."

Ashton

Something was off.

He walked down the hall to his apartment, his suitcase rolling back behind him. Beside him, his best friend, Niall, walked, looking concerned.

"Niall, something's off," Ashton murmured, stopping in front of his door and pulling out his keys.

Niall shrugged. "Something's always off, with you."

He snorted. "True."

He unlocked the door and walked in, going to the bedroom.

Just in time to see his fiance kissing another man.

Rage overtook him. "What the fuck?" he shouted, and his fiance gasped.

"Ashton, please-"

He grabbed the man on the bed and slammed him to the floor. "What the hell do you think you're doing with her?" he yelled, his foot on his throat.

The man growled, "She brought me over. Just like she has every other time you leave."

"Ashton?"

He looked up to see Niall. "What?" he hissed.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" the man under his foot said.

Ashton pressed down harder, making him choke, before looking up at Niall. "What do you want?"

Niall's expression was cold. "There's only one solution to this."

Ashton frowned. "What?"

"Kill them."

[A/N Thoughts?]