Fake

Oh honey, you can't break  a broken heart.

Every now and then, I fall apart.

You are just a memory.

Maybe I did expect too much.

I wish I never met you.

Sometimes we expect too much, and all we end with is a broken heart. 

If I stop expecting, maybe I won't get dissapointed anymore.

When falling in love, you are supposed to be caught.

I wasn't caught, I fell, only to have my heart shattered into millions of pieces.

Thing is, I love you with every broken piece.

You moved on, while I am still stuck, wishing I had amnesia.

I want to forget about everything we had together.

The love I thought we once had, turned out to be a lie.

I walked through the snow, it crunching beneath the soft footsteps I took.

My arms were crossed, my eyes looking down. 

Tears slowly escaped my once bright brown eyes, that would shine whenever I was around you.

I guess me and you, the Matthew Lee Espinosa, was a mistake.

I should have listened to my best friend, how she would always tell me that you would break my heart each day.

That you are the bad one in this good life of mine.

But I didn't listen, I trusted you, every word you said, every action you made towards me.

The little cute love notes you left in my locker, they were fake.

The pictures we took smiling and in love, that was fake.

The panda stuffed animal you gave me with flowers on Valentines day, that was just a play.

The surprise birthday party you threw me on my 16th birthday, that was a fake play for my parents showing you cared.

The way you would grab my hand and squeexe it tight in public, everyone watching, that was fake.

The way you would grab my face, and lean in to kiss me, you soft pink lips brushing against mine, that was fake.

How you would say I love you every day, or call me beautiful, that was a lie. 

How you would wrap me into a tight hug, tell me everything would be alright, whisper in my ear goodnight, wipe away my tears, that was all fake.

Everything.

You gave me so many memories I would cherish, but you never gave me you, the real you.

You were dating another girl the whole time you were dating me, and I found out the day I found out I was pregnant.

I was pregnant with your baby girl. 

We were supposed to be a family, who would love each other and stay together.

You were supposed to love me, supposed to love her.

Now I am a 17 year old single mother of a gorgeous baby girl.

Her name is Calie, the name me and you created when I was 15, when you told me we would make a beautiful family.

Calie doesn't know you exist anymore, I told her you were dead, and lived in paradise watching over her.

I feel horrible lieing to her, but she will understand someday.

I guess you could say that love hurts, and love isn't exactly a thing you should play with.

I may be broken, but I know a part of me is happy.

You were the mistake, who brought me a miracle.

I thank you for bringing me someone I would always love.

I thank you for allowing me to realize that people can fake love.

I thank you for showing me, you were never the one.