ch 1

APRIL 2ND, 2014.

Molly felt a strong pair of arms wrap around her waist from behind and gasped. Sherlock placed her chin on her shoulder and gave her a kiss on the cheek. His curls tickled her forehead, making her nose crinkle. Sherlock always thought that was cute, her little nose crinkle.

"Sherlock! What are you doing?" Molly laughed. It was still so unreal that her and Sherlock had been together for three years, she still felt lucky that she'd finally got the guy. Things like that didn't happen to her, she was just Molly Hooper, nothing special.

"I can't visit my girlfriend at work?" He asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, yes, but-"

"Well then! I've got nothing else to do."

"I-I've got to examine this body though." She said, nodding her head at the corpse.

"He'll still be dead tomorrow. Examine him then."

"Sherlock, you know I can't do that! Look, I'll be done in a minute, why don't you just wait here till I'm done?"

Sherlock pulled away and leaned against the table. "Alright. But hurry up, I don't wanna be waiting too long."

Molly gave a quick smile and pulled back the sheet covering the young girls body. She was about nineteen, with pale blonde hair down to her waist. She would've been pretty, if it weren't for the deep purple bags under her sunken eyes, and her cracked lips. Her waxy skin looked like it had been stretched over her bones. Molly looked at her sympathetically.

"Drugs. Matches the blood test, too. Poor girl, she was young."

Sherlock looked on without saying anything. He was glad when, after some paperwork, Molly pulled the sheet back over. "Ready to go?"

Molly smiled and took his hand. "Let's go."

They opened the door to Molly's flat and stepped inside. Sherlock didn't live there permanently, he preferred his own flat. But 221B was too small for John, Molly and him. Molly went off to her bedroom to change while Sherlock sat on the couch. He was wearing his favourite purple shirt and suit jacket, and his coat was sat on the kitchen chair. Molly walked back into the livingroom, a house coat replacing her labcoat. She sat down next to Sherlock, laying her legs on his lap.

Sherlock cocked his head and smiled. "Comfortable?"

"Very." Molly lifted a leg. "Smooth and soft."

Sherlock pushed her leg back down and eyed her over. She looked gorgeous, her soft brown hair falling down one shoulder in waves. "I see that. Molly?"

"Yes?" she answered, her voice sot and quiet.

"What have you got on under your robe?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." she laughed. Sherlock couldn't believe how cofident she'd gotten with him in the past years, it was like she'd changed into someone else. She was still shy, of course, but Sherlock found it cute.

"I would actually..." Sherlock's lips twitched as Molly blinked.

"Well, It's nothing special." She laughed, lacing her fingers through his.

"Show me."

Molly stood up and dropped her robe. Under it she was wearing a large oversized t-shirt of Sherlocks. Her underwear was black and lacy, and could be seen if she stretched.

"I never appreciated how good you look in my clothes before."

Molly laughed and ran a hand through her hair. "They look better on you, obviously."

"Mhmm. I like the pants..."

Molly blushed fuiously and pulled the t-shirt down. "I-I never thought anyone would, you know, see them."

"I don't mind. In fact I'd like to see more of them. Or less of them, actually." Sherlock trailed off, his voice quiet and low.

Molly's heart speeded up. Sherlock hardly ever talked like this to her. She was scared, scared and excited.

After a pause, Sherlock spoke up. "Molly?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah. Well-erm, y-you could," Molly gulped. "You could, well, spend the night here. If you want."

Sherlock stood up and cupped her face with his hands. He always wanted to hug her when she got nervous. He found it cute, more than anything. He placed his lips on hers and gave her a gentle kiss to calm her down.

Molly sank against him and kissed back. "So will you?"

"No." Sherlock shook his head and moved his hands to her waist.

Molly's hopes shattered. She and Sherlock, they hadn't gotten very far in the bedroom departmet. She knew that just wasn't how Sherlock was, and she thought she'd learned to accept that. Apparently she hadn't, it still hurt like hell that he said no. "Oh, okay."

Sherlock felt bad when he saw how hurt she looked. He wished he could tell her why, but he couldn't. Not yet at least. "I've got to go."

"Yeah, okay. Doors open. Will I see you tomorrow?" Molly worked on keeping her voice steady.

"Probably. I'll text you." Sherlock gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, grabbed his coat and walked out the door.

As the door shut, Molly sank against it and let a few tears fall. Three years with Sherlock as her boyfriend, and she still gets rejected.