Part 10 - We Are In The Future

Two years had passed since Steven had left the Earth. He checked in with his dad ever so often. His outfit had been revamped (Again.) to fit his growing body. He donned a light blue shirt with a star in the middle, and dark blue pants, as well as a pink jacket. At age 16, Steven Diamond Universe was having a great life.

Walking into the chambers the Diamonds were in, he walked up to his pink throne. Jumping up high in the air, he landed on his feet and sat down.

"Hey Blue. Yellow. White." Said Steven

"Hello, Steven." Said a smiling Blue. Ever since Steven had started to live with the Diamonds, Blue had become less and less sad. Seeing Blue happy always brought a smile to Steven's face. "We have something to show you today."

"Follow us." Said Yellow, getting of her throne and walking towards the warp pad, which had been previously installed for easier access in terms of getting around. The other Diamonds got up, and walked with Yellow, with Steven in close pursuit.

Activating the warp, they arrived in a run down sealed dome, with dead and decaying vegetation everywhere.

"Where are we?" Asked Steven

"Your mother's garden. She used to spend ages in here. It was like her safe place." Said Blue

"Although it hasn't been used in thousands of years." Responded White

"You can look around if you want, Steven. We'll wait here." Said Yellow

"Sure." Replied Steven.

Steven, who was curious to learn more of where his mother used to stay, walked around the bone-dry fields. That was, until he saw something. Or someone. They were pink, with pigtails shaped like hearts, vines around their goofy looking shoes, rooting them in place. Cautiously approaching them, he heard the gem muttering to themselves.

'It's your new best friend... it's your new best friend... I'm not a good friend. I failed in the end.'

"Hey, are you okay?" Asked Steven.

"Huh?" Said the gem, turning their head. Struggling to lift their feet, Steven bent down, and helped to unroot the vines holding the gem in place.

"Th-thank you." Said the gem.

"No problem." Replied Steven

"Who are you?" Asked the gem

"I'm Steven. And you are?"

"Sp-Spinel"

"What are you doing here, Spinel?"

"I was abandoned. Left here by my playmate. Pink." Upon saying her former friend's name, Spinel broke down into sobbing.

"Hey don't worry about it. You weren't the only one she hurt."

"What do you mean?" Asked Spinel.

"Here. Follow me and I'll tell you."

"Where are we going?"

"Back to my family."

"Who is your family?"

Walking over a hill, to get back to the warp pad, Steven responded "Blue, Yellow and White. The Diamonds."

"Wait a minute..." the puzzle pieces were clicking together inside Spinel's head. "So you're Pink Diamond?"

"Um... sorta. I'm her son. But wait. Don't worry. I won't leave you like she did. Heck, you can even come with us! I'm sure the Diamonds would love you around!"

"Do you mean it? Will I have Gems who care about me? Or are you just going to lie to me like she did!?"

"No! I would never lie to you! I just want you to be happy. Isn't that what everyone deserves? Happiness?"

"Fine. I'll give it a shot."

Heading back towards the Diamonds, Steven waved to get their attention.

"Hey guys!" Yelled Steven

"Steven! Said Yellow. "What took you so long?"

"Um... well... I found someone. Her name is Spinel. I'm sure you'll remember her."

Blue gasped. "Oh my stars! Pink's old playmate!"

Spinel bounced out from behind a fountain, on her hands, and than on her feet, like a spring. "Tada!"

Blue clapped her hands. "She's adorable! Now, why did Pink leave you here?"

"Oh. Well, she left me here. For 6000 years. It wasn't that long. I could do that standing on my head!"

Yellow burst out laughing. "Oh my stars. She's hilarious"

White spoke up. "Now, Spinel, would you like to come with us to Homeworld?"

"I would love that. My Diamonds-s-s?" She said, stretching her arms to do three diamond salutes, one on top of the other.

"Come now." Said Blue Diamond, lowering her hands for Steven and Spinel for Steven and Spinel to step on to.

Location: ?̵̥̘̣̺̺̖͔̓͐̒̊͛̿̆̌́̋̾̉͛?̸̛̘͓̟̣̫̦̲̬̼̹̍͑̍̊͊̉͋̈̋͑͘?̵̡̧̫̼̦̲̀́̈́̍́̕

Unknown voice 1: "When should we do it?"

Voice 2: "We must wait. Patience is key."

Voice 3: "But Black..."

Voice 2: "Quiet Orange. Like I said, we must wait. Wait until the right time."

Voice 1: "Black is right."

Voice 3: "Fine, Purple."

Voice 1: "Soon we will be in control. We just have to wait. That boy... Steven. He is an asset to our plan"