2. Wide Awake

Liam's P.O.V

I lay in the bed, staring at the ceiling. I've found myself doing this a lot lately... ever since we split, me and Danielle.

She was perfect, everything I wanted and needed in a girlfriend but, she couldn't take the hate.

Part of me wanted to hate the fans, cause some of them were the reason. But the again all of them are the reason we are all here, the reason I am who I am today.

I got up from my mattress and threw on an old grey Jack Willis tee, I started to pull on grey sweatpants but then I smelled it, her perfume. These were her favorite sweatpants of mine, she wore them all the time when she was over.

I threw them in the weaved laundry basket in the corner of them room and yanked on black chinos.

When my foot steps creaked into the kitchen of our LA flat everyone went silent.

Niall was sitting stool eating a bowl of cereal, of course, he's always eating.

Harry was beside him with his hand in his curls, Louis was leaning against the kitchen cabinets keeping his eyes on the tile floor.

Zayn had an angry look on his face, his face flushed as if he'd been talking... or yelling.

I yawned and took a seat in between Niall and Harry, "What's happening?" I asked confused, raising my arms above my head to stretch.

Zayn sighed, "I'll tell you what's happening.." His eyes narrowed at Louis, "You know how last night was the night we told the fans that were looking for a permanent drummer?" I nodded slowly, we had all been sitting around the kitchen like this last night as Louis typed on the tweet on his pho-...Louis.

"What did you do Lou?" I ran my hand through my hair, it was growing back fast after the buzzcut. "I kinda forgot to mention that we're where only looking for male drummers..." Louis shrugged like it was nothing.

"But... Lou, you know management specifically said male drummers, so we wouldn't be distracted..." I trailed off not wanting to say more, as much as I hated it I was single now so that rule applied mostly to Niall, Harry and I.

"And now, twitter is flooded. Thousands of fan girls saying there gonna try out, the problem is whoever tweets the truth is gonna be the bad guy, maybe lose followers" Zayn added, "So we thought of Harry cause he has more followers than any of us... So we have a tweet composed, we just needed confirmation, you are kinda the most mature here"

Louis huffed when Zayn said mature, he shot him a look shutting Lou up.

"Here..." Harry slide his phone along the island, I caught it just before it plunged over the edge, my eyes adjusted to the tiny screen as read...

'Harry Styles @Harry_Styles

Sorry for the miscommunication earlier, to clear thing up we are looking for a permanent drummer (auditions August 30th, in 2 days) but, we are only look for male drummers. The boys and I apologize to anyone who prepared an audition but, it's just for privacy reasons and to guarantee we stay focused, Can't wait to see you all there :)'

"What do you think?" Harry said, the other boys looked to me for approval.

"Are you sure, you wanna tweet this mate?" I bit my lip, "I mean, it's well written but it could start an uproar..."

Harry shrugged looking like he didn't care, I placed his phone back on the table stalking back towards my room.

"Wait aren't you hungry?" Niall called, looking up from his cereal.