She's Gone

• Dedicated to Alia Franz and her horse Nelly

Have you ever lost someone close to you? Someone close, or even a stranger where you only know there face. You wonder... What happened? Was it an accident? What if you found them, what if you found the blood. There was just so much of it... It doesn't go away, the stains, the images. They stay with you, in your head, you cant seem to shake the memory away. just like the stains on the ground. You can wash them away, but when you think there gone their still there. We don't know how it happened. We think it was an accident, we hope. When we found her she was alive. I thought every thing would be fine.. I hate to say i was wrong. The way her head hung, her deep gasps for air. We found her wounds. First the one on her leg. We thought she would be fine, just a scrape, easy fix. Then where had the blood come from? We offered her water, as soon as she drank it was filled with blood. That's when we saw her jaw. Her jaw had been sliced open and cut down to what almost looked like bone. She had lost a lot of blood, you could tell she was dizzy. We called for help, they wouldn't be there for another hour and a half. We had to get her out of the woods, into the open. we tried to pull her up the hill, all she would do was back up. So we decided to leave her, and we started clearing a spot for her to lay. We let off the pressure on her harness when it  scraped the wound on her face. She cut a main vein so blood flow automatically started again. She started loosing a lot more. We pressed a rag to the cut, hoping to slow the bleeding. Nothing worked. I was sent up for more towels, and when i got back she had came down. I was immediately sent away, so i sat in the front yard waiting for help to arrive. He never showed up. Later they sent someone to take me inside. I wasn't allowed to see her, or even be outside. I knew what was coming... I knew it would be all over soon. That's when i finally heard the gunshot i knew that was a sign of the end. I didn't even have to hear the words, because that moment... I knew she was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my story of what actually happened last night. Dedicated to Nelly. The horse that had to endure all this suffering. I pray that god is watching over her soul. I also dedicate this to my 5 year old cousin. This was her horse that this happened to. Please send your prayers. We still aren't certain of what happened.

For Nelly our 3 year old mare. We all miss you and I know there is a missing piece within all of us without you here. We love you.

                                                               ~10-5-12~