The Runner (Part 3)

When he lunged at me, I quickly take cover. Once, he's face down to the floor, I pounced on him. "Ha! I don't trick that easily," I smirked and twisted his arm.

"Ow, you're hurting me, get off!" he raised his voice.

"What a nice way to welcome a guest," I said asI got off him and smirked, yes, again. I feel really good about myself; I just took down a strong guy!

"You, a guest? You're an unwanted guest."

"Hey, a guest is still a guest," I siton awooden-crate and cross my arms.

Levon's Pov:

She twisted my arm; didn't really hurt(okay it hurt alot). I tried not to scream;it might alarm my mom. I told her off and she backed off.

"You, a guest? You're an unwamted guest."

"Hey, a guest is still a guest." She sat down and crossed her arms. She raised her elegantly curved eyebrow and looked my straight in the eye. I avoid her eyes.Although she was acting like a bitch, she lured me towards her; she's charming. He glare at me says: do you dare to disagree?

She's every pretty; brown hair, sea blue eyes, a cute nose, andthe face anyone will think is innocent. Innocent... the news this morning! She's the girl that killed-

"Mind to tell me what you're staring at?" she frowns. That snaps me out of my deep thought. She's about a year younger than I am.

"You're the one who..."

"Don't say it! I didn't kill her. Someone framed me. Don't you believe me?"

"I just met you; I wish I could though but I'm turning you in." My heart dropped when I said it. I don't know why but it did.

"Please, let me stay, you promised," she beggs.

"You have no proof."

"No?" she smirks again and takes out a tape. She plays it: I promise I'll let you stay but you... she turns off the tape.

"Fine, you can stay." She smiles so big it makes my heart beat faster.

Paige's Pov:

"Fine you can stay," he grumbles. I smileed really big and want to jump for joy but I didn't instead I say, "Thanks." He sighs and walks down stairs.

"I'll be right back; don't disappear."

Margie appeared by my side again. "Damn, he's cute," she looked back at where he was standing.

"Too bad you're dead," I teased her; no in a friendly way (getting back at her). I got up and look through some photo albums. I know it's not my business but I can't help myself. I laugh at Levon's photos. I don't know why but he just... reminds me of someone I love: my dad.

My stomach turns and I laid on the floor and curl up with my eyes closed. I heard Levon marching up the stairs and grumbling to himself."Here's some blankets and waffles."

Levon's Pov:

She was curled up on the floor and I wanted so badly to hug her and say it was alright. She reminds me of someone I love: my sister. I held back. "Here's some blankets and some waffles."

She sat upspoke, still looking down at the floor, "Waffles is all I get?" she teased and smiled. I wanted her to look up so I can see her eyes.

I spread out the blanketsfor her to sleep on.She crawled over and laid on the blankets. "Thanks; night, Lev." Lev? No one has ever called me that but I wanted them to.

I just couldn't go to sleep with her laid right here all alone in the attic. I had to comfort her (why am I thinking like this?!). I decided not to get dressed in pj's and get in my own bed.