Chapter one

if you didn't read the intro the story might not make as much sense🤣

I wake up by the alarm that starts going off for school. I quickly turn it off to not wake Aaliyah up yet. I stay still for a couple of seconds making sure she's asleep and get up from the bed but she suddenly starts whining. I pick her up from her spot in the bed next to me and fed her a bottle. "it's okay baby I'm here." I cradle her into my arms until she falls back asleep.

I then get ready into

When I get done I grab my book bag from my desk chair and walk downstairs with Aaliyah

When I get done I grab my book bag from my desk chair and walk downstairs with Aaliyah. She was still in her pajamas because she's staying with my mom while I go to school.

"You ready for your first day?" my mom says handing me a plate of pancakes.

"Ma I'm not a kid." I say laughing at the way she asked. "This is visual proof." I squeeze Aaliyah's cheeks.

"Shut up you're still my baby. Also your school called." She says glaring at me.

"I didn't even start the first day of school how am I already getting calls home?"

"They said you needed a tutor. You're lucky you passed last year with the grades you were getting."

"That's different ma, Aaliyah was still a baby and I had to put her as my first priorities so sorry if I chose her over school." She looks at me as if she was threatening me with her eyes. I laugh at her expression and she throws a peace of bacon at me as predicted.

"I'm serious, I know you're smart Tessa. Don't let being a mother distract you, you know I'll take care of the baby while you do your homework." She starts to look at me seriously which makes me think she's really not playing around.

"I know. Everyone just kind of changed. I wanna spend more time with Aaliyah. It's not fair her dad left, it wasn't her choice so I wanna make up both roles." I say getting in my feels.

"Listen ,Tessa, I know what you mean. I did the same thing after your father-" she stops her sentence and looks down at the kitchen rag.

"I know what you mean." I say looking down at Aaliyah, she was still groggy from just waking up.

"You're gonna miss the bus, don't forget after school go to the office you're starting tutoring today." I hand Aaliyah to my mom and dramatically put my hand on my forehead and fall on the floor.

"Look this is your crazy mommy." I laugh at my mom and head out the door.

Once I get on the bus I see Gaby in the second row and jump on top of her. "Girl you scared me, you're lucky I knew who you were or else you would've gotten your ass beaten." We both laugh and sit back in the chairs normally.

"I have to start tutoring today." I say pouting my lips dramatically.

"I heard there was a hot new tutor." She says squealing.

"Are you on drugs? The only tutors they be having is some old teachers. Unless you have a thing for Mr. Roberts." I say gaging.

"Bitch no he graduated last year and I guess he's all famous now." I try and think who it may be but I barely came to school last year because of me taking care of Aaliyah and I'm pretty sure I don't know any famous people.

We get to the school and the classes went by kinda easy. It was like how it was a while back, I'm smart and I can finish my work easily I just couldn't concentrate as much when I had the baby.

I was walking out of my last period until I remembered I had to go to the office to meet my tutor.

"Hey Tessa what are you doing here?" My favorite office lady says.

"I thought you would be more happier to see me, Ellen." I say fake crying.

"Oh come here." She takes me into a hug and I tell her the reason I'm actually there. "You're the person Mr. Villalobos is tutoring? I would've never guessed. Come with me." She takes me to a room in the office. I expected to see one of the elderly teachers but instead a dude that looks about my age is in the room. They're probably group tutoring. "Tessa this is Mr. Villalobos your tutor." My eyes go wide as she leaves the room.

"Are you a fan?" He asks when I sit down. It hasn't even been a minute and I already want to punch him but also get him pregnant.

"Excuse me?" I say offended and confused.

"Oh sorry, it's just the way you looked at me."

"Oh..." we had an awkward silence for a while until he takes out a couple books.

"I heard you were struggling in math?" He asks. I nod my head and he asks me on what topic. He takes a book and flips to the page.

*skipping a little time because I'm tired*
It's been two hours and at this point we aren't even studying we're laughing our asses off.

"Oh shit I'm gonna miss the late bus. It was nice talking to you, when's our next study session?" I ask.

"Wanna see me again already?" He says laughing. I blush and he gives me a schedule on when we meet again. I run out to the bus and notice that his number is on it.