Chapter 1

I was surrounded by a pitch black aura. I couldn't feel the ground where i stood, and the air was thick like icing. I was scared, and I was barley able to move my legs to begin walking forward. No matter how far I walked, it felt the area I was in would never end.
  After walking for what seemed an eternity, I saw the silhouette of a figure, of most likely a person, in the distance. I started to run towards it as it reached out towards me. The closer I got, the brighter the area became. However when I was almost close enough to see their face, the light got blinding.

And I woke up.

  My maid was staring straight down at me when i awoke.
 "Is something the matter, Hanna?" I asked, confused. She typically keeps her distance when in my room.
  Hanna, the new maid, was too afraid to approach me, since my last maid was fired for attempting to steal my precious jeweled necklace. If it weren't for my second born brother, James, she would have gotten away with it as well.

  "Milady, you're face is very pale" She replied worriedly. I blinked a few times to try to wake myself. "What is the time?" I asked. "It is nearly six o'clock". I sat upright. "Hanna, please help me prepare for my meeting with lord Arthur" I said, standing on the cool oak flooring. 
  "Of course, Milady" She walked around my bed to get to the side where my dark dresser stood.

  When I left my room, I made my way to the dining hall for breakfast. Hanna followed me. I liked Hanna a lot better than Bethany. I could feel that she was actually looking after my well being, and that's how i'd feel a mother would be like. However, Hanna was not my mother, and she never would be.
  Many women threw themselves at my father at hopes of being wealthy or with a higher title. However my father did not wish to marry again, unless it were to a woman of importance. "Like perhaps the queen" he sometimes jokes.

  I stared at the purple floral wallpaper and windows while making my way to the dining hall. "I've never seen flowers like this in the garden. Or anywhere for that matter" I thought. Down the stairs into the thin hall I went.
  The dining hall was as empty as usual. Such a large room with only the long dining table, the  crystal chandelier above it, and occasionally one or both of my brothers eating a meal or reading the news while sipping tea.

  However this morning, both of my brothers were there as well as my father, which very rarely happened. I took my seat at the right side of the table as Hanna pulled out my chair. She bowed, then left to tell the chef it was time to prepare breakfast.
  I was slightly relieved that she left, because she's been looking at me with concern since I woke up. At the same time, I was worried that she left. It had been a while since I was alone with my family.

  "Good morning, Diamond" My father says, placing his newspaper onto the table. It's been a while since I've been able to see him in the morning. 
  Usually he's in his work room behind his heavy desk taking care of things that he says I don't need to know about. But sometimes he takes Edward into his workplace, most likely because as the eldest son, he will be the Earl once father dies.

  "Yes, good morning Father. Edward, James" I said, slightly shifting my position. The air is filled with a sense of awkwardness and I couldn't help but be slightly uncomfortable. 
  "I hope you're not planning on wearing that when meeting with Arthur" James said, breaking the eerie silence.

  "Is there something wrong with this dress?" I ask, brushing the skirt. Hanna helped picked this dress out, and I liked it. "It's fine, James. I don't think you were given lessons on what dresses to wear at which times" Edward said.
  I smiled and tried not to make eye contact with James. The thought of him wearing any dress at all entered my mind and it made it difficult not to laugh.

  I saw father pick the newspaper back up from the corner of my eye.  He probably rolled his eyes at this comment. He isn't much of a morning person.

  I left the manor at eleven. The carriage that I was so familiar with seemed intimidating. My nerves are getting the most of me. I am on my way to meet the man i am to marry in a few years.