twenty two

MALEEKA'S POV
THREE YEARS LATER

"Mammie!" That was my little baby Nai'a screaming my name. I'm very sure Nailah is up to something, I thought as I dropped my book which I was reading and strolled to their room.

"Nai'a what's the mater?" I said with my hands at akimbo as I stared at my two beautiful girls.

"Mammie its Nailah she wants to colour my drawing" Nai'a said in her babyish voice and I chuckled.

"Nailah is it your own drawing?" I Asked as they both stood before me.

"No mammie, Nai'a coloured my own drawing too" she said in pout and I just laughed at that.

"Nai'a why did you colour her drawing?" I said and Nai'a pouted saying "Mammie it was a mistake" she said and I just laughed at my kids childishness.

"OK we'll draw another drawing then" i said which brought a smile to their beautiful faces.

"Will you help?" Nai'a asked and I nodded as I brought out their box filed with paper and colours and we started drawing.

We drew for long and we coloured it our selfs, then I asked Nai'a what she drew and she showed me a drawing of a cat and it was painted brown just like Nailahs complexion.

"Mammie here's mine" Nailah said as she passed me her own artistic work.
"A drawing of a happy family" I said as I hugged my kids.

"Awnnnnnn..." said Mubarak as he walked inn.

"Dadieeeee" My twins squealed at the sight of Mubarak.

"Mubarak" I said as he walked towards me.

"Maleeka!" He called my name.

"Dadiee look I drew you, mammi, I and Nai'a" Nailah said as she showed her dad her drawing and all he could was say "Awnn".

"Dadiee look I drew Caty suh" Nai'a said as she showed him a drawing of Caty suh our pet cat.

"Awnn Caty suh looks cute" Mubarak said as he sticks their drawing on the wall.

"Here!" He said as he placed the drawing on the wall properly.

"Dadiee I'm hungry and I want ice cream" Nai'a said making me growl.

"No ice cream for you today" I said and Nai'a started crying.

"Dadiee I want ice cream" she said ignoring my comment.

"Ok I'll get my babies some ice cream/then" Mubarak said as he pecked their little cheeks.

"You're making them rotten" I said to Mubarak but he ignored me and picked his kids up and left to get ice cream I gues.

And I had to arrange my kids messed up room" NAILAH" I called out as I saw Caty suh dressed as a princess. This Nailah will kill me some day, I thought as I picked up Caty suh.

*AARON'S POV*

Three years, It has been three years and I haven't found Khair. I wake up with the hope of seeing her laying next to me but I wake up to find zafira.

Yes ZAFIRA!, I married he. Not because I'm in love with her or something but because she's been here for me all the way.
She's so supportive and loving and with her by my side I feel save at times.

"Aaron look, this is one of the newest latest cars" Zafira said showing me a picture of a car on iphone.

"Oh yeah its a nice car" I said as I typed away on my laptop.

"Aaron, Can I get it?" she asked as she sat next to me on the couc.

"Yeah you can, just tell me the price and I'll buy it right away" I said as I walked to the door on my way to king Jamal's chamber. I left London because it kept on reminding me about Khair and on the plus side Abba ( king Jamal) asked me to come stay with him and my mum on the other hand is still in Nigeria she's still in shock about khairs death but, Alhamdudilah the brain tumour isn't a problem any more thanks to doctor malik who took special care of my mum.

"Asalamualaikum Abba" I said as I sat on the carpet that laid in his room.

"Aaron!" My Abba said and I smiled as I leaned on his Lap.

"Aaron I hope you're not still thinking about khair" he said.

"Lah Abba (Dad) I'm just missing Ummie" I said as I raised my head from his lap and looked at him.

"Aaron, I'm your Abba so I know you better" my dad said in a husky voice.

"Aaron Khair is dead and please accept it" my Abba said as he patted my head.

"Abba she's Alive, I can feel it" I said and my Abba smiled before speaking.

"Aaron kenan (that's Aaron for you)" abba tried speaking Hausa and it was damn funny which made me smile.

"Abba kenan" I said and we both laughed, we talked on many issues before I left his chamber.

I walked to the parking lot where I took my car and drove to the mosque, where the Ka'aba was built. I sat there and made dua for khairat "my one and only true love"