Chapter Three

Of course, it was no surprise that they had found me. I swear they chipped me so they knew where I was at all time. But there they stood with their arms crossed and scowling at me like I was a child who wrote on the walls with permanent marker. Mark and Markus towered over me. "What do you think you're doing?"

Mark growled grabbing my arm.
"He thinks he's getting ice cream in case you bozos can't see!" Lane was standing up for me and I appreciated it but really, he's going to get hurt. I mentally groaned as he tried pulling me back with one of his arms. Getting in between Mark and me. He was face to face with Mark. "So back off!"

"Look I'm just getting ice cream." I pulled my arm away when Mark was the one caught of guard with Lane. "I'm still a basic human being with rights so let me get some ice cream with my friend. I'm sure you know who he is."

"Lane." Markus stated. "Your parents stayed to spend time with you and here you are. Taking Kale from home." I sighed and stood in between Markus and Lane.

"It makes it even creepier that you know about his parents and Lane at all. You haven't met each other late. Anyways. I don't need any permission. I am fully capable of making small decisions on my own." Markus was staring at me like I was crazy. "Just leave me alone. Just for today." They both shook their heads.

"Maybe you were right about them being creepy and stalkerish." Lane whispered into my ear. "Let's get out of here."

"We can hear you." Mark said annoyed.
"And you won't be going anywhere unless it is with us."

"Listen Kale, we tried to get your attention but we aren't very patient, so you either behave or face disaster."

Markus explained calmly, looking at me as if I were a his little child. I was not going to follow any of their rules. Not even if my life depended on it. No thank you.

"Just leave me alone you freaks!" I let out a surprised yelp when Markus made the move and threw me over his shoulder. Everyone looked at us but no one made a move to help. What heck people? Take your phones out and record why don't you?

"Hey! Let him go!" Lane yelled, while Lanie growled at them. "You freaks let go of him!" Lane pushed on Markus, pushing me with him but never once did he loosen his grip. I tried pounding on his back and kicking. That didn't work either.

"Hey butt out of our business!" Mark warned to Lane.

"Kale is my business!" Mark and Markus stared at each other. Mark then grabbed the puppy from Lane's arm and now they were walking out the door. Obviously Lane was going to follow. I just slumped as they put me and the puppy in the back seat. Lane followed as if he were a hungry animal following the path of his prey. But this was our own grave.

"You're so stupid Lanie I swear." I mumbled, knowing there was nothing we could possibly do now. We we trapped inside a black, Range Rover tinted window.

"Hey! Don't call my puppy stupid." Lane held his puppy close while pouting at me, petting the little puppy.

"I wasn't talking about the dog." I threw back at him.

He pouted again and looked away petting his dog. I looked out the window to see we weren't going to my house. We were going to their territory. A place that almost started it all. I sighed and banged my head against the window until Mark gripped me to stop hurting myself.

"Just let me die in peace." I begged.

"You won't be dying any time soon." Mark explained. "We will make sure of that. Keep you out of danger so there is no way you can hurt even a finger." Mark promised.

They were already too over protective. Trying to even control me not getting hurt. "Just accept it, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that!" I snapped back at his stupid pet name. I closed my eyes and memories flooded my mind. I was desperate and depressed. I knew giving girls a chance was a bad idea, they just break your heart and dump you. Never to be seen again. Anyways, she breaks my heart and begins dating someone else. Meanwhile here I am, hurt. "Just dance!" Lane says while dancing with somebody. I shake my head and head over to the bar. I show them my ID, they look at me suspiciously until Lane waves at them and comes over. I really don't want to know his connections. He hands me rum and coke. After a few drinks I'm feeling a little hazy.

I begin dancing with a random guy. But soon he was pulled away and in his place behind me was a way bigger man. But he wasn't dancing, he was holding me close in his arms. He tilted my head back against his shoulder and kissed my neck lightly. He pulled back but I still felt his warm breath. "Hello, you." His voice was low and raspy. I couldn't say anything as he lowered and kissed me again but this time his lips lingered. He left kisses up and down the side of my neck and suddenly it felt like everything disappeared.

It was just the two of us, but I should have known better when somebody else approached us.