001. Phyllis 'Harmony' Walkins POV

'Baby seems like everywhere I go

I see you, from your eyes, your smile

It's like I breathe you, helplessly I reminisce

Don't want to compare nobody to you

Boy, I try to catch myself

But I'm out of control

Your sexiness is so appealing

I can't let it go

Oh'

I turned off the radio, and stretched before re-laying back down, looking up at the ceiling. I really didn't want to go to school today, but I have to. It's my senior year and realistically, I don't have time to be laying around crying over spilled milk.  I got up, turned on the C.D. Player, turned it to Work(Put It In) by Kelly Rowland and jumped in the shower. As I stood in the shower, I cried silent tears. I didn't want to do this. I couldn't. I didn't have the strength to face the man who broke my heart in front of the whole student body but school was important to me and I didn't play for my education because my mom didn't play that. After I took my shower, I put my hair into a ponytail and got dressed in basketball shorts, a white wife beater, matching jacket and all white shoes. I just didn't feel like it. I grabbed my cell phone, my black blackberry, and walked into the kitchen to make me a bowl of cereal. I ate my cereal as I waited for my sisters, Shay, Lissa, and Tori to come down. When they came downstairs and saw me, they all looked at me with a look of concern on their faces. I rolled my eyes as I got up to place my bowl in the sink. "Philly, are you ok?" Lissa asked me. I sighed as I looked out the window. "Will you be OK?" Shay asked. I nod my head. "You sure you don't want to stay home? I'm sure..." I shook my head. "Fam, I'm going to have to face the truth one way or another. I might as well get it over with." From the look on their face, I could tell that they didn't like my decision but they nod as we left the house. The closer we got to the school, the more I started to have second thoughts. When we pulled up to the school, I took a deep breath, telling myself that I need to do this. We all got out the car and we began going our separate ways. Tori, Lissa, and Shay all go to their group of friends while I walk to my spot. As I was walking to my spot, I heard my name being called. I turned as I seen my girl Kimi, and Sadii running toward me. After I hugged them, Sadii stated, "I thought you wasn't going to come today." I shook my head as Kimi said, "Yeah. It's perfectly understandable as to why you wouldn't show up today." I sighed and said, "You sound like my sisters." They fell silent. "I'm here now. I have to come face to face someday. Yes, the break up was bad and yes, it's painful. It hurts, but I will be OK. Really." Just then, my ex, John Jackson, affectionately known as Fabolous, walks past me with his new girl Mo...my ex best friend. I hold back tears as I take a deep breath. I told my friends goodbye and headed off to class just the warning bell sounded. Once I walked into the classroom, I placed my things at my desk and I went and stood by the window, due to our teacher not being in class yet. I looked out at the big Oak tree and images of Fab and I flashed before me. Us, laying underneath the tree, talking and laughing. I closed my eyes and just let the silent tears roll down my face. I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see my teacher, Miss. Williams, holding a box of Puff's tissue in her hand. I grabbed some tissues and wiped my face. "Honey, are you OK?" She asked me. I nod my head. "Take your seat sweetie. Class is about to start." I nod my head again as the second bell rings. "Well class. First things first." She went in her bag and pulled out a stack of letters. "Do you all remember 3 weeks ago when you I asked you all for your nicknames?" We all nod. "Well, the reason why it was asked is because our class will be taking apart of a pen-pal project. You will be sending letters to different students from a different school from a different county that is 75% of your grade." The groans fills the class as she unwraps the letters. "Now when I call your name, you can come up and receive your letter. OK?" She takes her seat at her desk, puts her glasses on, and calls out the first name. "Harmony." I looked up and sighed. I walked up to her desk as she hands me my letter. I walk to my seat as she starts to call out the names of the other students. On my envelope, it was a drawing of my name. I traced the lettering and thought to myself, "This has got to be an artist." I opened my envelope and began to read my letter.

Dear Harmony,

Hello. I hope this letter finds you in good spirits. People call me J-Dog. I'm 17 and a Senior in high school. I picked you because the name seem mysterious. Harmony. I like that. I can't wait to hear the story behind the name. Well here's more info about me. I'm 6 foot, have braids, a tongue ring, and a few tattoos. I like to draw(as you can see),play the guitar, and I sing a little bit. (I don't tell people that. You are the first to hold my secret. I feel like I can trust you.) I have many other talents but I'll tell you about it someday. Hopefully I will hear from you again.

J-Dog

I smile. I was thinking about what other 'talents' he had when Miss. Williams calls the class to order. "Now you have the entire class period to write the person back. I will not be reading your letters so make sure that your grammar is correct, right Justin?" The class laughs as Justin replies a loud "YES MA'AM!" "The letters must be on my desk before the end of the day. You may begin." Miss. Williams says and the class wastes no time with writing. I wrote a good half a page, folded it and placed it in an envelope that I drew his name on. I sealed it with a kiss, sprayed my "Speechless" by Veronica perfume and placed it on Miss. Williams's desk when the bell rang.