The Prelude

"All the Evils that the game will do. It gets dangerous. Money and Power is changing us. And now we're lethal. Infected with D'Evils." 

- Jay-Z "D'Evils" (1996)

Dear God:

I wonder can you save Jay-Z.

The way you saved me. With the same Amazing Grace you gave me. When you found me. Caught up, in between the Best and Worst of Both Worlds. In the midst of a demonic sneak attack from the spiritual world. Wrestling against the flesh.

How you delivered me. Released me, from the grip of strongholds and breaking the curses that have bound generations together. Declared Victory over, then Blessed me in front of, my enemies.

The Prelude

"For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother."

Matthew 12:50

I wonder if Jay-Z ever takes a knee.

I wonder if he’s no longer down for the crown, here on Earth. If so, he would know his greatest trespass amongst you and your people is not about his Daily Bread, Financial status or where his Portfolio stands.

If so, he would know the issue with his NFL folly is not so much about where he stands on knees. The backlash is coming from who he's choosing to stand with.

Standing too close for comfort. Too comfortable to think he can come incorrect and we'll fall for anything. Suggesting we’re “past kneeling.”

The tongue being mightier than a double-edged sword, though. In this case, literally cutting both ways. NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s facial expression.

One of anguished relief.

Goodell spelling relief by suggesting Jay-Z would be receiving "significant ownership interest" in an NFL team. This time an affront to Jay, as it appears that olive branch has since died on the vine.

Speaking of branches, can HR TinyURL shorten his title?

Clash Of The Titans

That said, I wonder if Jay knows this clash of the Titans is bigger than what happens on the Gridiron, but it’s still about Turf? And who really owns it?

That it still comes down to Skin in the game. And who runs it.

More about pigment than pigskin. And how the light that glows from one creates the Allure for the other.

More or less, about the chosen few. How they make it do what it do and do the most with less. But won’t settle for being treated less than because of the skin they’re in.

More, or less, why Collin got under theirs.

Still, it seems no matter what the chosen do. No matter how much they play by the rules as team players. Owners try to break them.

The majority are their fans that cheer for them, but can’t seem to live with them. And can’t imagine a Fantasy without them.