29| surgery

A N N E

Kevin and I bursted through the hospital room doors. Cheryl, Caleb, and Miel were all laying on beds. Grace is the only one not injured. "What happened?" I screamed, covering my mouth.

Grace looked towards Kevin and I.

"Carl happened." Grace grunted, walking out of the room.

"Cheryl." I mumbled, Kevin looked at me dead in the soul.

"Cheryl knew him?" He yelled, it clashed throughout the room.

"Yes. She didn't mean for any of this to happen, this was all just a mistake." I pleaded.

"Please don't get mad at her. They're just children, Kevin. Their filled with passion and jealousy! They only do what they think is best but in reality we were the ones correct the entire time. That's why people say parents know best." I narrowed my eyes at him, pointing my finger at the both of us.

I looked at the ground, for the first time since I met him. He has never made that look. It looked like he was about to cry, happiness, and pride filled the emotions.

"Your right." He mumbled, looking back at the three. Every step I could you could hear my heels touching the ground, I wish that these sounds could wake them up but, of course, it can't.

"How are they, doctor?" Kevin asked, biting the tip of his finger. I joined beside Kevin's side and nodded.

"Well the boy named Caleb Williams. He has been stabbed in the left hip and has a strained leg." I nodded and asked about Cheryl.

"Cheryl Mckilnor. She has been stabbed in her kidney and has a deep slit near the intestine area." I let out a gasp, letting a small scream escape.

"And Miel?"

"Mieleanna Adams?" I nodded and he gave out a huge sigh.

"We will have to perform a small surgery, the drugs in her have made a small paste in the immune system. We will also have to do a kidney transfer for Cheryl." The doctor looked through the papers. If that Carl man wasn't dead already, I would've killed him myself! How dare he do that to my daughters!

"How much will that cost? In total?" Kevin put his finger on his chin.

"About $500,000. Take it or leave it." He shrugged, Kevin nodded and made a call.

"When can we begin the surgeries?" The doctor looked at him shocked, I'm guessing he was surprised.

"Preferably tomorrow." The doctor looked back at his nurse.

"Okay, then I'll give you the money today and you can start bright and early tomorrow." Kevin narrowed his eyes and sat down, I think he was waiting for his assistant.

I sat down beside him, keeping my eyes on the three. I don't know where Grace went but I think she couldn't handle seeing them. I watched as two guys ran inside.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" I got up and walked towards them.

"This is Issac and I'm Jace. We're Miel's and Caleb's friend." They sternly explained, I nodded.

Did Cheryl not have any friends?

{ }

I woke up and saw that Kevin was gone, I'm guessing he went to buy us some breakfast. I looked in front of me where the beds were. There was only one bed left, which was Caleb's. I woke up Jace and Issac.

"Where did the other two go?" I whispered, they looked up and shrugged. They went back to sleep and I rolled my eyes.

I was about to run outside the room but then a nurse informed me that they were starting the surgery. Oh my goodness, I have never been this nervous in my life. My poor babies.

I looked down at the ground, walking back and forth. A maid came into the room and handed me clothes.

I let my hair flow down, curled from yesterday

I let my hair flow down, curled from yesterday. I handed my old clothes to the maid and thanked her. For some strange reason, heels have never affected me. They only affected me before I knew about the painless heel hack. It has saved my life. I shall only wear shoes when traveling over seas and when on vacation. I was completely fine with it because when I get home we wear slippers. It was hard to get used to at first but then you get the hand of it.

I don't know when they started the surgery but they said I could go visit them. I walked into the room and felt like years were about to burst. I stood up straight and walked towards both of them. I kissed both of their foreheads and smiled.

"When will they be healed?"

"Mieleanna should be healed in a couple weeks if taken care with and fed properly. Cheryl should be healed within eight weeks. She cannot lift or work out. She should only be walking, not running, not jogging, just walking." The doctor smiled, I nodded and looked at the both of them. Memorizing what the doctor was telling me.

C A L E B

I opened my eyes and blinked to focus on the light. I felt sharp pains exploding in my left hip and in my leg.

"Yo, bro! He's waking up!" A voice cheered, I watched as the figure jump up and down.

"Miel?" I whispered, my eyes fully focusing.

"No, you dumbass. Issac." Jace chuckled, heading beside me.

I lifted up my shirt, revealing 2-3 layers of bandages wrapped around my hip area.

I rolled my eyes, trying not to wince from the pain. "Where's Miel?" I asked, Jace and Issac gave each other the look again.

"I don't know, Cheryl went with her." Issac shrugged, his hands in his pockets.

"I need to see her." I grunted, getting up. I groaned from the pain. Shit..this fucking hurt. I straightened myself up, putting my hand on my left hip. I began to walk out of the room before seeing Miel's mom walk out of a room. I walked towards that room, limping. I walked inside and there was Cheryl and Miel. Laying there, not moving. They were in surgery.

"Anne? What happened to them? Is Miel okay?" Anne turned towards me and smiled, she gave me a hug.

Is this a good sign? Or a bad one?

\ /

My, my, my. Do you guys think Cheryl and Miel will be okay? And where did Grace disappear to this time?