Lux

It was Monday morning and Lux Walker woke up with only falling asleep two hours ago. This was usual though, especially after the weekends.

-

-

Her weekends were usually spent partying either at a friends house or sneaking into one of the frat houses ten miles away. She was only 15 but could easily be mistaken for a 20 year old.

On weekdays on average she would only get three hours of sleep, and that was after taking her sleeping pills.

The main cause of this was the nightmares she had as a child. They were reoccurring and would wake her and her parents up with a piercing scream. The first time it happened the neighbors called the police because it sounded as somebody was being murdered. After about two months of this, her parents made her have weekly appointments with a therapist and a psychologist. They stopped for a while but started again.

By the time she got over the dream, Lux still found herself waking up in the middle of the night and as she got older, she couldn't fall asleep.

The doctors diagnosed her with insomnia. They prescribed her a few different pills but they didn't work too well.

-

-

Lux forced herself out of bed a put on a plain white v-neck, boyfriend jeans, and threw on a red flannel button up. She walked down the stairs and poured a bowl of granola cereal with dried bananas and almonds.

Her mom had already left for work so that would mean Lux had to walk to school, "at least it's only three blocks away" she thought to herself. When she walked outside she felt a light mist so she grabbed an umbrella and started to walk.

Once at school Lux would talk to a few people and then walk down to the girls locker room for physical education, it was required for all freshmen. Afterwards she would walk to Spanish or as her teacher would say la clase de español. She would eat a peanut butter sandwich after that class then go to math. Math was Lux's favorite class of the day for one reason and one reason only. Dawson. Dawson is a junior that happens to be Lux's boyfriend.

There also happened to be one of the biggest jerks in the school in her math class. His name was Calum. Calum was a senior. Won homecoming king. Probably will win prom king. Practically a sex god that every girl drooled over, except Lux.

After math she had history but she could barely stay awake for that class. Lux was always tempted to ask her teacher to record one of his lessons so she could actually go to sleep at night.

By the end of the day Lux would stand by the people she would consider her "friends" for a while and then walk home.

Once home she would attempt to do her homework but end up getting lost in her music. Around 6 she would eat with her dad and younger sister and immediately go back up to her room and stay up till the early morning doing who knows what.

-

-

AHHHHHH A NEW FANFIC OMGGGGZZZZZ

IM ACTUALLY REALLY EXCITED FOR THIS BC ITS GOING TO INVOLVE CALUM AND MUSIC AND NOT SLEEPING AND MAYBE A LITTLE BIT OF PARTYING BUT IDK

AND IDK IF THIS IS A PROLOGUE (update: this is like luxs character introduction, and the next one will be calums) OR WHAT SO THATS WHAT IM CALLING IT

K BYE