VIII

“What are you doing Miss Natasha Chayanne Adams? The ever-so-famous and successful Bounty Hunter in town?” he hissed. I smiled. Yeah, you got me Scar. I turned calmly with my hands in the air and I saw the sharp object that was poking me. True enough, it was a kitchen knife. I felt my back and it was bleeding.

“I saw you checked into the motel. I even got to break into your room and well, browsed your laptop,” he continued and smiled.

“Now that you’ve got me, what are you going to do pretty little girl?” He took the kitchen knife and grazed my right cheek with it. I spat on his face and he gave me a resounding slap across my face.

“When I saw you park in front of the diner, I thought that you weren’t pursuing me and this was all a coincidence. But then, you just had to walk into the bar, didn’t you?” he smiled and stabbed my left arm. I wanted to scream in pain but I did not. He proceeded to take a step back and was about to stab my arm again when I reached for my knife using my right hand. I stabbed his attacking arm and he cringed in pain. I kicked him hard on his knees and he was kneeling down in front of me immediately after. I gave him a solid punch to his face but he did not give up the fight. He reached for the revolver in the cupboard and pulled the trigger. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as I pulled my revolver out and shot him on the head. Bullseye. The last thing I remembered, I was activating the device when my head grew heavy and I fell into unconsciousness.

                                                        -------------------------------------

“Hey baby, I’m back. How are you? The rehearsal was amazing! Soph told me you loved the song? Well, thank you, Nat and I love YOU. Come back to me please?” his soothing voice filled my heart.

I have been in a comatose state for five days now and I could only see, feel and hear. My body was paralyzed and I could not move any of my limbs. I was a fighter and still am. Throughout the five days, Matt and Soph have been with me every single day. They took turns in looking after me and occasionally, the rest of the band will visit me and so will my parents and Natalie. The doctors advised them to be in high spirits whenever they visited me. They said that it would help in my recovery.

I was at the seventh day and was not showing any signs of improvement. The doctors were considering to pull the life support but my parents were determined. They did not allow the doctors to do so and asked for another day.

 “Sir, I really missed her. And I really love your daughter with all my heart.” I heard Matt once said to my dad.

“So do I, Matt. Here,” my dad said as he handed Matt my revolver.

“This was Nat’s favourite. If anything happened to her-“ he halted, controlling his tears and they hugged.