Chapter 1 "Bakunawa"

Moran, Teodoro and Karina lie down and gazes upon the starry night sky. They are discussing what their future is going to be...

Moran: Hey guys.. What do you all want to be when we grow up?

Teodoro: Hmm. What kind of question is that?

Moran: I was just wondering.

Karina: I'd like to cook for many people. I like seeing that the food I cook makes people happy.

Moran & Teodoro: Eh?!

Karina: What's with that reaction? Is it that unusual?

Moran: Well, I thought you'll go with someone who protects the country or something like that since you're very strong...

Teodoro: That's my dream, Moran!

Moran: Eh?!

Teodoro: I don't want to be Datu though. Sounds like a pain.

Karina: Your father, Datu Arukad became a Datu because he was strong you know!

Teodoro: Even so, I simply want to protect this country. Protect everyone's smiles...

Moran: That's unexpected.

Karina: Well, we told you ours, Moran, how about you?

Moran: I want to travel the ocean.

Teodoro: Seafarer?

Moran: Yeah.

Karina: Why?

Moran: I want to know everything about this world. I can't do that if I just stay in this country.

Teodoro: No one dared do that in years... why do that now?

Moran: I'm curious if there are other people in the other side of the world right now...

Karina: Your dream is probably the most interesting out of all of us!

Teodoro: Yeah! Who knew our Moran would want to be a seafarer?

Moran: Stop it, you two! Even kids can dream too, right?

Teodoro & Karina: *nods*

Moran: It's about time to go home. See you guys tomorrow? Tomorrow would be the day we take a trip outside Banwa!

Teodoro: You bet. I'm pretty excited as well.

Karina: See you tomorrow! Don't forget to sleep. Don't be too excited!

Moran: Haha, sure!

Moran went home. His home is just nearby so he had no problem going home. Moran was greeted by the rare occurrence of his father showing up.

Moran: Dad?!

Claudio: Hey, Moran!

Moran: What are you doing here?

Claudio: What's that supposed to mean? Am I not part of the family?

Moran: Well, I mean you're supposed to be guarding Datu Arukad or something right?

Claudio: Don't be silly. We're just best friends. Just like you and Teodoro are. Besides, I'm only his secretary. He gave me a day off.

Moran: Well, I'm glad to see you again.