FAQ

Q1: "Is this competition over?"

A1: Villainy is a writing challenge and NOT  a competition (sorry, no prizes for now). Meaning that you can start writing whenever you like whether it be a month from now or two years.

Q2: Do I have to write this in book form? Does it have to be in full story form?

A2: No, you don't. I don't care how you do this challenge. If you're good a writing novels, go for it. If you're like me and enjoy writing short stories you can do that too. Write whatever way you like.

Q3: Can the chapters have no connection to one another like one shots?

A3: Absolutely! Your entry could be about thirty different unrelated villains if you wanted. Though,that it might be a bad idea if you're writing a novel.

Q4: Do you know if someone has done this challenge?

A4: Yes! Three people have already posted their entries (Which is really exciting for me because I never thought this challenge would get off the ground). and let me tell you--the descriptions are awesome! For more entries go to my reading lists and click on "my challenges: entries" . Entries for the "Villainy" challenge should be tagged with MERDIANJAMES and/or VILLAINY and obviously his/her description should probably make it clear which writing challenge he/she is partciapting in.

Q5: Does the villain have to be a supernatural?

A5: No. As cool as it is to have a villain who is an alien with daddy issues or is a supervillain who wants revenge; your villain does NOT have to be a supernatural. I repeat YOUR VILLAIN CAN BE HUMAN! Just remember that if your story contains the glorification of sexual abuse, child abuse, etc. I will report you because that is not acceptable.