13

The spinster speaks

The spinster speaks

HOSEOK shuffled through Jimin's wardrobe while Wheein searched among his other possessions. Even though their subordinates had done a thorough search, the siblings wanted to ensure that it wasn't futile and see for themselves if any details as such had been missed.

Though they had the chance to sleep over the matter, they still felt horrible and guilty. Professionals they may be, they couldn't let go of the fact that two murders had happened on their watch. Although little to nothing could be unearthed from Joohyun's murder scene, they secretly hoped that they could find something to sink their teeth in Jimin's room at least.

Hoseok gathered that Jimin had a rather refined taste in clothes, although it was obvious that the clothes were purchased in a second-hand shop, save for his uniform. He liked having his nails perfectly trimmed, judging from the many nail-pairings in the waste-paper basket. He remembered their disappointment when they realized Jimin had cut his nails so close to his skin, they might have been part of it; which was a shame, since there was bound to be some DNA from his murderer in his nails, due to the common knowledge that he might've scratched him in his attempt to escape from strangulation.

Wheein observed from her search in the manservant's drawer that he enjoyed collecting articles about modern-day discoveries like truth drugs, hybrid serums, etc. and had a postcard from Jeju Island (with a picture of a beach) by someone named Juri who had written just three sentences:

'Missing you, darling. Remember our date. Lots of love, Juri.'

"I think we ought to send someone down to Jeju Island and find out who this Juri is," she said and showed the postcard to her brother.

He nodded. "Yes, we tried looking for his phone but it wasn't on his person. And we can't track it either, so I suppose our psycho must've destroyed the SIM card and discarded the phone. Looks like we have a lead, eh?"

"Kind of, that's what the other officers were also saying," Wheein sighed. "It's just something that proves their point. Nothing new."

"Don't lose heart, at least we know that Park Jimin liked to maintain himself. There's a whole skin routine pasted in his bathroom. It's worth mentioning how well-kept his clothes are too. He keeps up with the trend well, too. Quite the fashionable and chic man," Hoseok consoled.

"How's that in any way, helpful?"

"Well, for instance, I do know people who like maintaining themselves - and they're all in the entertainment industry or high school."

"Aren't you stereotyping that? I've seen you take your own sweet time while getting ready for work. And let's not begin with that skin routine you absolutely refuse to share with me-"