Changes

**Ren pictured**

+Chance+

After walking Ren to her room, I went back to my own dorm for the night. As I walked, my mind was so preoccupied with thoughts of her that I barely noticed somebody calling my name from across the commons. When I looked up, I spotted Shae, a chick I'd met when I first came back during the summer.

She was on the track team and they'd come back to campus early for conditioning as well. Her body was crazy, with thighs thicker than frozen peanut butter and muscle definition even I didn't have. She had ass on her too, and if you knew me, you knew I appreciated a round ass like no other. She was a gorgeous shade of dark brown with pink lips and slanted eyes, and her eyes were exactly what captured me the first moment we crossed paths. It didn't take long for us to get VERY familiar with each other, if you catch my drift, and we'd been enjoying each other's company for the last month, which I'd planned to continue once school started, but the way my head was fucked up right now, I'd completely forgotten she even existed.

"Hey, boo. You alright? You looking kinda troubled," she spoke, hugging me tight and planting a kiss on my lips.

"Hey... I'm cool, just was deep in thought. You good?" I asked, not really wanting to go into detail. We wasn't technically anything more than fuck buddies and given the fact that I wasn't all that open with just anybody about my emotions, I didn't feel the need to explain.

"Yeah, better now that I've seen you. You busy? I got the dorm to myself tonight..." she trailed. I knew what that meant. She was tryna get dicked down, and had I been in my right mind I'd have happily obliged but I just wasn't in the mood right now.

"Rain check? I'm tired and I gotta get up early for my 8am class," I replied. A small pout appeared on her plump lips.

"Aww, okay boo. Guess I'll just have to think about you when I'm all alone tonight. Get some rest and text me in the morning," she spoke, hugging me again and kissing me, but this time with a lot more tongue than I expected. She damn near licked every nook and cranny of my mouth before pulling away and then walking back towards her dorm, leaving me standing there. Normally, that would've been enough to convince me to reconsider but now it just felt... off. Don't get me wrong, the girl was sexy as all fuck, but it just felt like there was something keeping me from going through with it. I just needed time to clear my head because clearly seeing Ren had me all twisted.

I sighed before continuing on my way to my dorm and once I made it, Marc was there already, talking on the phone. I nodded to him as I placed my keys, phone, and wallet on my desk and took off my hoodie. I heard bits and pieces of his conversation as I searched for my towel and toiletries to take a shower.

"Yeah, that shit was trash bro. Waste of time, for real. I was bored though and she offered so it is what it is," he spoke. He caught my glance as he sat up in his bed.

"Ima talk to you later though.... Aight, bruh," he said, hanging up before he gave me his full attention.

"How'd it go? Ren good?" he asked. I rubbed my hand over my head as I fought for words to describe what just happened.

"Bro... Shit is wild. Ren is.... I can't even explain it," I spoke, not sure where to start.

"What you mean? She ain't pregnant is she? Ima beat her lil fast ass," he spoke, going into protective mode as he stood to his feet. I shook my head. Suffice it to say ever since Ren became part of our group of friends, everybody pretty much looked out for her like a sister. Between me, Marc, G, Kendall, Franco, and Miles, she'd experienced what it was like to have a whole gang of brothers even though she was an only child. Let her tell it, she hated it, but I knew she actually loved having people care about her as much as we did. When she was around, we made sure she was good and that when the time called for it, she was safe. We'd all had our turn babysitting her lightweight ass at various parties but we didn't mind cuz it was very seldom she got that drunk anyways. She was just the sis and we took care of her like she was. Now though... I had a feeling that was about to change.