Oh, you save me in ways that I can't explain (part 1)

***Edit note***

If you read this like right after it came out, I have added an additional page and a half or so. I decided to lengthen it a bit. I think like maybe two people read it that quickly, but just in case you were one of the two, I wanted to warn you. 

Okay, thanks!!

***

(A/N: Picking which photo of Pesy to use for each of these chapters is a STRUGGLE cause they're the literal two prettiest people alive. They're such Gorgey huns😝 Also, I'm changing the cover for this bc I just realized the gif I used doesn't work lmao. Oh, and this hasn't been edited at all. Not even a little. Soz.)

---

"I'll get it!" Perrie says too quickly, running from the room and skipping down the steps.

I hear her murmur a soft "thank you" before the door shuts and I hear quick feet on the stairs.

Perrie appears in my line of sight again momentarily, carrying two boxes and a bag.

"I may have bought a couple of things in preparation for tomorrow," she says, cringing.

"How much did you spend, Perrie?" I ask tiredly, my voice flat.

"I don't actually know," she admits. "I didn't look at the final total."

"Perrie," I groan. She's the worst with money, so it's a good thing she has a lot of it.

"I was excited!" She says defensively. "Now, where are the scissors?"

I hand her my keys instead, as they're closer.

She takes them with a quick thanks and then starts ripping into the largest box. She pulls out loads of sparkly tissue paper before pulling out the tiniest baby-pink swimsuit, complete with some sort of glittery tu-tu and little ruffles on the straps.

"Oh, my gosh," I say, marvelling at the cuteness of it all. "It's perfect."

"It is!" She squeals. "I just hope it fits her. It said 3-6 months, but she's just so little-"

"It'll be alright, Pezza. We've got to fit a swim diaper on under it anyway."

"I can't wait to see her in it!" She says, her whole body swaying from side to side like it does when she's happy.

I could tell Perrie that the baby might pitch a fit because the tutu looks itchy, but I don't have the heart to burst her bubble.

After the swimsuit, she pulls out some ridiculously sparkly jelly shoes along with a sunhat, sunglasses, a lavender towel with an elephant on the hood, a parasol, goggles, and about a million pool toys, most of which the baby is too little for, but there's one float that is essentially a floating seat that may work. It's even got little toys for Parker to fiddle with on a bar across the front.

Box number two contains more practical items, like sunscreen, sun tan lotion, and sunglasses, along with some snacks that Perrie can't wait to throw in the pool bag.

She asks me to go grab some towels before she opens the third package, so I do.

When I come back, she's holding a pale blue bikini top up to her chest and standing in the mirror.

"That's cute," I say, a little more harshly than I intended. I don't want to sound bitter, but I'm still sort of upset with where my body is at the moment. It's hard not to be a little mad at Perrie and her never-had-a-baby-body.