Chapter 17

“So what are we going to do now, we lost both of our leaders, and weird things are happening to us.  I don’t even feel human anymore.” Shadow says quietly.  “I can step up and be leader if you want.” Wulf replies.  “Guys it will be okay, and do we even need a leader? I mean only last year I was 14, Wulf was 16 and shadow was 15, we are older, we have to learn to work together as a team, no leader.” Sky says.  A year had passed since Sky had been stabbed and Mr. Hunter shot, and everyone was a year older.   ‘Beep, beep, beep’ “is that the communicator? We haven’t had a mission in over a year. I wonder what they want us to do” Shadow says.  They answer, reluctantly, and the same lady as last time came up onto the screen, “hello children, this is Judy, where is Blade?” she asks.  “He was shot, because of me.” Sky says.  “Child it will be okay, it’s not your fault.” She replies caringly, choosing her words carefully so as to not hurt Sky.  “It’s fine let’s just stop talking about it and you can just give us our mission please?” Sky replies, irritated.  “Of course, of course, so anyway, I’m sorry to break the three of you up but you all have separate missions.  Shadow, you are going to the Hawaiian island of Kauai, you will have to collect a dark shadow, a level 13, be careful, and it is very strong.  It has been spotted many times on the North Shore of the island.  Sky, you will be going to New York City, you are to kill a dangerous unknown, it is different from anything you have ever handled before, but I am sure that you can do it.  Wulf, you are going to Canada to deal with a pack of werewolves, they are only a level four so it shouldn’t be too hard, when you are done with your mission I want you to assist Sky with hers, to make sure she isn’t hurt or taken like she was before.  Be careful guys, I don’t think any of us can deal with any more loss. Goodbye, please check in when you get back.”  Judy explains.

                “Well, I guess it’s time to go…” Sky says with tears in her eyes, terrified of losing someone else important to her, she already lost so many people important to her, her real parents, her brother, the only man who was a true father to her.  She has been betrayed, stabbed, taken, she could not take any more of this torture, if something happened to someone else she wasn’t sure she could handle it.  “Don’t cry babe, I’ll be back, I promise.”  Wulf said to her, unsure but hoping that she would believe him anyway.  “It’s okay Sky we will come back, you’re not going to lose us, not on our watch,” he said, smiling.  “Okay, I’ll be fine just promise me that I’ll see you guys again, you know alive?” she said.  “We promise” they reply in unison.  They say their final goodbyes before leaving for the latest mission.  They all board the planes and finally arrive at their destinations. 

Sky landed first, in New York, she got her sleek black mustang convertible which she updated to have blood-red stripes going down the middle.  She matched her car wearing black pants, a blood-red and black shirt with black lace on the back, and her signature cross necklace that she wore everywhere.  She started driving looking for this crazy dangerous unknown, she didn’t know what it was, or how dangerous it would be but she knew she was ready.  She didn’t know where she was going but somehow she knew exactly where to turn, she took a right, then a left then went straight, it was like her mind was somewhere else entirely but her body knew exactly what to do.  She finally took the last left and turned into a completely deserted parking lot and looked around.  She had seen this place before, somewhere, in a dream, she knew exactly where to go to find the unknown, and she ran down the stairs to the basement, somehow knowing not to use the elevator.  She ran into the room on the left of the staircase to find a large creature sitting in the corner staring at the wall.  It looked like a woman from behind, long blonde hair, all the way down to the floor when she was sitting.  She wore a long black dress, torn with bloodstains, but it wasn’t her blood it was the blood of her victims.  She turned around and any thoughts of her being even remotely human were gone.  Her face was so badly scarred but not scars from cuts, scars from memories, visible memories, it was as if you could tell her entire life story just from one look on her face, her eyes were blood red and her fingernails were long and sharp, inhuman.  As she turned to look at Sky, Sky could tell that she wasn’t human, but she wasn’t a paranormal either.  She was a demon, straight from hell.  “Hello, child, I have been waiting for someone to come up here for a long time, I haven’t had a host in a while might you invite me in?” she asked in the last voice that anyone would have expected from her, it was almost sweet, luring Sky to give up her body, but Sky knew what she had to do.  “You are here from Hell, YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM!” Sky screamed with so much force that it made her hair blow back, it was different from anything she had ever experienced, Sky’s eyes were midnight black, her hair blowing back as if there was wind, this was a power that Sky had never experienced before.  She then lunged at the demon, in order to send it back to hell she had to learn its name.  Something that demons never gave up, but she was ready, she knew where demons held their names. She reached out and grabbed the demons beautiful blonde hair, the only beautiful thing about it.  She ripped it all out and threw it on the floor.  The hair started to move like snakes, slithering to a destination already set out for them, after what felt like forever, fighting the demon, the hair finally stopped moving and the name was revealed, “Morhetephous,” sky whispered to herself, she lunged forward placed her palm on on the demon's chest, “MORHETEPHOUS! GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND LEAVE THE WORLD IN WHICH YOU DO NOT BELONG! NEVER TO RETURN!” Sky screamed with so much force that she caused what seemed to be an earthquake. Everything shook and the ground began to tear open to reveal darkness, pure darkness, the demon fell in and as it was falling it screamed with so much rage, it sounded like a huge beast growling, roaring, dying.  Then once it fell in, it instantaneously became silent so silent.  Sky had no idea what had just happened, she had just fought a demon, and won? She fell to the floor breathing heavily, trying to process in her mind what had just happened.  Finally she got up and left the horrible place that she had once seen in a dream.  She had no idea where she was going to get back to the airport she had no idea how she had gotten to the building in the first place, it was as if the demon had lured her there.  She had to stop for directions but finally made it back to the airport and jumped on the plane as quickly as possible and flew back home at top speed, once she arrived home she told Judy what all had happened.  “You fought a demon and won?  And I’m sorry if I had known it was a demon I never would have sent you on that mission.” Judy said after Sky had told her what all had happened.    “I’m going to head up to bed now.” Sky says, exhausted.

Shadow lands on the beautiful island of Kauai, ready to take on the shadow that he must destroy.  He drives to the city of Lihue and drives over to coco palms, it looked completely destroyed, like it had burned down several years ago but didn’t burn completely to the ground.  He walks over to the building cautiously shadows are drawn to dark and creepy places like this so he knew the instant he saw it that the shadow would be in there.  He cautiously goes inside doing what he always does and poses as a small and helpless little boy, he walks around pretending he lost his dog and starts calling out “fidooooo, fidoooo, where are you boy come here!”  the shadow takes its chance and charges at Shadow, it looked different than the ones he usually fights, it was standing there it wore a long black cloak with a white hood, bright red eyes shining out of it, it looked like death.  Shadow was terrified but ready.  He takes out the ‘Shadow Blade’ that Blade had given him before he was brutally murdered.  No, no he couldn’t cry, not now, not here.  He charged at the terrifying creature and sliced it right through the arm, but in order for it to work correctly he had to go through the neck.  The shadow then knocked the sword out of Shadows hands and it clanked to the ground.  Fear swelled in Shadows eyes as his life flashed before his eyes.  He was determined not to die, he was not ready to die, he would not die without a fight.  He lunged at the shadow with his bare hands and grabbed its arm that he had already cut most of the way off and yanked it the rest of the way off.  Light spilled out of it as if the light was blood.  The shadow stopped for a split second to examine its arm then lunged at Shadow.  It pushes him to the floor and holds him down with one hand around his throat cutting off his airway and making it impossible to breathe then uses its knees to hold down Shadows arms.  But with strength Shadow never knew he had he tore the shadow off of him, lunged for his blade and started swinging it, just trying to keep the shadow away from him.  He finally slices the shadow right where he needs to, straight through the neck.  Once he does that, all of the souls begin to fly back to their owners, it was a beautiful sight. He goes home and tells Judy and Sky all about his mission then Sky tells him about hers, they were both shocked to hear about each other’s experiences.

Wulf arrives in Canada, ready to take on the werewolves as they were only a level four.  He walks into the coffee shop, werewolves seem to enjoy coffee shops, no one is sure why though.  He walks over and orders an espresso and drinks it to get amped up for his fight.  He finally sees the wolves, it was weird though, he had never fought level fours, and the lowest he has ever fought was a level seven.  They looked like nerds; they were so scrawny, not a bit of muscle on their body.  He rips off his shirt, for effect, and runs at them; they all change to half-human, half-wolf form and charge at him.  He grabs two of them by the collar and bashes their heads together, knocking them out.  He grabs another one and flips him into the table and knocks him out as well.  The last one puts up the most fight, not wanting to get taken down like his team.  But Wulf just punches him straight in the nose, breaking his nose, then grabs him and slams him into the ground until he was no longer conscious.  He then shoves all of them into cages and puts them onto the plane, boards it and flies home, dropping them off at the big HQ on his way home.  He arrives home then they all share stories about their missions and Sky runs to him and jumps into his arms and he picks her up and twirls her around.  They couldn’t let go for about five minutes, but when they finally did they kissed each other and finally they went to bed, exhausted and ready to get some sleep.