Chapter 21

Brooke shot straight up in her seat after she realized she had been sleeping on Brandon the whole flight. She looked to her right to see if Nick had noticed, but he was still asleep. Brooke let out a sigh of relief. It was bad enough that she spent the whole plane ride with her head on Brandon's shoulder, but it would be ten times worse if she had to explain it to Nick.

     "How long was I laying there?" Brooke demanded.

     "About four and a half hours. But you just looked so comfortable on me, I didn't want to deprive you of that by moving you," Brandon grinned.

     Brooke rolled her eyes and looked away. Abby had told them to act mature, so that's what she would do. She leaned over to Nick and lightly shook his shoulder. When he didn't wake up, Brooke whispered in his ear, "Nick, wake up. We're about to land."

     Nick's eyes opened slowly. "Woah, I can't believe I slept through the whole flight."

     "I did too," Brooke said, and she could feel Brandon smirking behind her. Instead of acknowledging him, she leaned her head on Nick's shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around her back. They stayed like that until the plane touched the ground.

     When Abby, the moms, and the kids were all off of the plane, they picked up their luggage from the baggage claim and went outside to meet their limos. Since there were two, the Ziegler's, Lukasiak's, the Pent's, and Abby went in one limo, and the Hyland's, the Fraizer's, the Vertes', and the Dobbs' went in the other. The ride to the hotel took about 15 minutes, and once they arrived, Abby gave them the day's agenda.

     "Alright, right now it's about 2:30 PM. If we were in Pittsburgh, it would be dinner time, so I assume that you're all hungry right now. Everyone can do whatever they would like for lunch, but I there is going to be an extra rehearsal that starts at 4:30. I booked three hours in AMP Studios, so get ready to work. After rehearsal is over, I would like to meet for a team dinner at 8:00, and we will be going to the restaurant that is in the hotel. Then I expect everyone to go back to their room's and get plenty of rest, got it?" Abby asked.

     Everyone nodded as they began to grab their bags and drag them to the elevators. They wanted to get unpacked and eat as quickly as possible, since they were obviously on a tight schedule.

     When the elevator stopped, everyone went their separate ways in order to find their rooms. Nick offered to carry Brooke's luggage for her, and she politely accepted. "I can't believe that we're in L.A., and Abby won't even give us a break. Our entire trip has already been planned out for us," Nick sighed.

     "I know! We leave Sunday morning, so we won't have any time to do anything fun," Brooke agreed.

     "I was really looking forward to spending more time with you," Nick said as they stopped in front of her room. He set down the luggage and put his hands on her waist.

     Brooke started to blush. She looked down the hall and saw Paige and Kelly standing by the door to the Lukasiak's room. After confirming that they weren't looking over at them, Brooke replied, "Me too. I had a lot of fun the last time we hung out," and quickly kissed him on the cheek.

     Nick was about to respond when Paige and Kelly showed up. He quickly let go of Brooke's waist and grabbed his own luggage. "Well, I better get to my room. See you guys at rehearsal," Nick said. As he began to run down the hall, Brooke waved goodbye.

     Kelly unlocked the door, and they entered the room. It was beautiful. Everything in the room was white, including the comforters, the carpet, the furniture, and the flat screen T.V. It looked like a room that someone famous would stay in. Even though it was their room, Brooke felt like she shouldn't mess anything up.

     Paige, however, didn't share that feeling. She dropped her luggage on the floor and dove into the perfectly made bed. Kelly laughed and shook her head. "So Brooke, here's what we were thinking for lunch. We're going to go to a cute little cafe that's just around the corner with the Lukasiak's and the Ziegler's. Holly and Nia want to spend a little time together, and I think Jill is taking Kendall to see an agent," Kelly paused as she rolled her eyes. "I don't know what the boys are doing, but I think it might be nice to have a little girl time."

     "I think that Brooke would rather go out with Nick, because they're in looooove!" Paige sang while she made kissing noises. Kelly gave Brooke a concerned look.

     "We are not in love," she snapped at Paige. "I think it would be fun to have a girls day."

     "Okay, then unpack your things quickly. We're meeting everyone in the lobby in 15 minutes," Kelly instructed.

     About a half hour later, the girls and their moms were sitting at a nice little table in a cute cafe. After everyone had placed their order, Brooke felt her phone buzz.

Nick: Wish we could have had lunch together! Miss you :P

Brooke: I know! Miss you too :)

     Brooke smiled to herself, and Mackenzie caught her. "Brookie, why are you smiling at your phone?" she questioned.

     Before Brooke could answer, Maddie said, "Because she's texting Nick!" All of the girls and moms all began to stare at Brooke, so she gave Maddie and evil glare. "Or maybe not. I don't really know," Maddie stuttered, trying to take back what she had said before.

     After the food came, no one was talking about Brooke and Nick. Everyone was so hungry that they were eating in complete silence. No one could say anything because their mouth's were full. When they had all finished, the moms split the bill and they all walked back to the hotel.

     When they arrived in their room, Brooke grabbed her dance clothes and went into the bathroom to change. After she had her black booty shorts and powder blue tank top on, she wanted to see what time it was. She looked for her phone but couldn't find it. She assumed that she had just left it on the bed in the hotel room.

     Brooke french braided her bangs, threw the rest of her hair into a pony-tail, and left the bathroom. She walked out to see Paige standing there, holding her phone, with a strange expression on her face.

     "Brooke, you have a text from Brandon," Paige said slowly.

     Brooke snatched the phone out of her sister's hands and opened the message from Brandon.

Brandon: Super excited to rehearse the duet! I wonder if you sleeping on me will improve our chemistry. What will Nick think?