Transcend | One

I sat on the roof of my small apartment complex, sympathizing with the lonely parking lot that lay below. My knees were tucked against my chest and my arms wrapped around them, trying to conceal what little heat my body held.

Though cold, chill November air gusted all around me, I inhaled a large breath and allowed it to cleanse the pain inside. Even if it only eased it for a moment. It was a moment I cherished. It took away the pain of what happened 5 years ago but still felt like yesterday. The look in my mothers eyes as she shoved me into that hidden doorway, the echoes of her words haunting my every dream. I could still hear the shrill cries that rang throughout the entirety of the house.

And the moment I swore vengeance for my parents death.

It wasn't long before I realized the screams were not my mothers, not this time, but were the screams of someone else. I immediately jumped to my feet and ran toward the edge of the roof, jumping off and landing on my balcony in a crouched position. There was no time for hesitation.

I ran into my room and grabbed everything I needed and ran back out. Jumping onto the railing of the balcony, I thanked whoever built this silently, for making it only two stories, before jumping of and landing with a roll. I sprinted across the pavement, my sneakers smacking hard against it as I pushed myself to where I knew the scream came from. After all, I did set the trap.

I ran across the street without looking, resulting in many horns and angry Detroit drivers and down into the alley, making a sharp right turn until I reached the dead end.

I stopped, pulling my bow off my back and slipping a quiver onto it so fast I myself almost couldn't see it. I aimed it at the back of my target, who leaned over the beautiful brunette threateningly.

"Touch her, and you die." I threatened, taking a daring step closer.

A snarl ripped from the beasts mouth, his head snapping in my direction and baring his fatal fangs. The brunette dropped to the ground before grabbing the dagger easily hidden in her knee high boots and pressing it against his throat roughly. A smirk spreading against her full lips.

"Took you long enough." She remarked, her tone teasing.

"I had my own obstacles." I shrugged, never taking my bow off the unnatural thing. "What's your name?" I snapped, my voice dripping with deadly poison.

"Aren't you a pretty one." He smirked, only to wince as her dagger dug deeper, drawing blood.

"She asked you a question, I suggest you answer."

"What do a couple of overly cocky teenage girls think they can do to me?" His smirk turned into a frustrated frown as he flipped the Brunette over his shoulder so fast that she didn't have anytime to react. He grabbed her by the throat and threw her against the closet wall with enough force to cause her to crumble the brick.

But I was a little faster.

I shot my quiver into his thigh and grabbed another and shot it into his left shoulder just before he could run toward me. He fell to the ground and I already had another quiver ready and aimed at his head.

"Answer the question." I snapped, starting to get really anger.

He looked at me, trying to peek under the hood I always wore. I remained still and confident, knowing he could only get a glimpse.

"Dominic. And you're name is Lilia Morgan. Daughter of Ava and Erik." A haunting laugh tore from his throat, bouncing off the walls and surrounding me, causing the hair on the nape of my neck to stand tall.

I snapped. Within seconds my now was across the alley and I was on top of him, my blade pressed tightly against his throat and another pressing against his chest. "How do you know who I am."

"Everyone knows you. You're parents are a legend. Some a hero. Some the villain." His voice was laced with cockiness and power. Like he knew just where to push and as long as he had information he was safe.

He was wrong.

I sliced one of the daggers across his chest, tearing open the flesh and watching at it sizzled and burned. Blood boiling and running across his chest as a hiss escaped his blood red lips.

"Hurts doesn't it? Made them myself out of pure silver laced with vervain. You know was vervain is, don't you?" I snarled, my upper lip turning up. "Tell me what you know."

"I don't know anything important." He said through gritted teeth and I watched as his skin began to attach back together, like someone sewing up a broken seam.

I drug my dagger across his cheek slower, enjoying the way his skin sliced open with the slightest touch if my blade. I reveled in it. In the torturing of evil creatures.

"You know who I am. Who my parents are. How do you know that I am their daughter?"

"Not many have hair as white as the moon with eyes that shine as bright as the sun.. It wasn't hard to put the pieces together when I finally got a peek." His voice croaked at the end and I knew he was in great pain, the poison spreading to his heart.

"Who were my parents?" I asked as I watched his eyes start to glaze over, his pupils turning to a glassy, deadly look. "Who were they?!" I yelled, shoving my dagger against his throat, anger coursing through my veins. I was about to get the information I wanted and it was about to disappear.

His coughed hard, gurgling as acid bubbled out of his throat. "Evil."