Alone..

I woke up in my tent. Birds chirped and wind brushed on the tent's walls. It was a cold morning. I slept with my basic sleeping bag and a heavy quilted blanket.

Instantly my mind recalled the terrible events that happened six months ago. Cases of Ebola were first in Liberia. Then apocalypse. Next, few cases of people getting it around the world. Some even claimed that the treatments worked. Others were not so lucky. Months after, the virus mutated. The treated victims, who were declared to be an Ebola survivor, died in hours. The virus also became air born, causing everyone to get it.

That's when it all started. The news constantly claiming that everything was under control. Next my family members caught the deadly virus.

Tears began to form in my eyes.

I sighed. I brought my hands to my eyes.

I remembered all of my family members getting terribly sick. They were vomiting blood and lots of it.

The tears were rapidly forming in my eyes. I began to cry.

I remembered seeing all of my family members as they mumbled their last words.

I sighed and contained my crying.

I pushed the awful thought aside. Then I pushed off the heavy quilt followed by the sleeping bag.

I put on my pants followed by my socks and shirt. Then I unzipped the tent door.

I poked my head outside. I could see an abandoned city in the far distance. I camped out in a grassy field. Trees could be seen in the distance.

I slipped on my shoes. Yawned, and exited the tent.

I walked over to my near by camp fire that I made the night before. A camp chair was next to it.

I slowly walked over to the lawn chair. I noticed that my fire pit still had hot coals in it.

I sat in my lawn chair and gazed into the distance. Endless grassland was to the north and the abandoned city to the east.