Epilogue: Adjusting

The news spread like wildfire.

“Major breaking news tonight, we are just getting word that there is a significant break in the case of the mysterious disappearances of multiple women around the area. Law enforcement have gotten word that a group of men have been kidnapping and taken pregnant women to the old tire manufacturing plant, Jeff and Wayne's Automotive Tires, where there the women were apparently being forced to birth their children and then were killed soon after. Apparently we're being told one of the victims, a woman who has yet to be identified, was able to reach a phone and called the police, and soon after the building was raided by the local authorities where they discovered the bodies of multiple women as well as an unknown number of women and infants kept in quote 'hellish and disgusting' conditions. That is all we know for now, but as soon as it's made available we will update you on this story.”

“This is truly disturbing; shocking details have come out finally about the disappearances of multiple women in [name and state withheld]. It turns out the women, who were all at least several months pregnant were captured and taken to an abandoned tire factory there, where their captors subjected the women to things that are too disturbing to disclose on air, only to be forced to give birth and right after executed. This was all revealed when one of the women inside managed to call the authorities; minutes later the police arrived and liberated the remaining women and children after a gunfight played out between the police and their kidnappers.”

“The nation is still reeling over this developing story. Just days ago it was discovered that a group of men who claimed to be a part of a crime organization had been taking pregnant women to a building located in the middle of a wooded area where they were subjected to torturous living conditions, and were solely taken to give birth and have their babies taken. But no one knows why they were stealing these babies; the men involved who were arrested and are as I'm speaking interrogated have yet confessed their reasoning for this heinous tragedy where, as it's been reported, over forty women lost their lives.”

On all the news stations that reported it, which just about everyone did, they accompanied these reports with live footage from outside the building. News vans surrounded the surrounding police cars and ambulances; they recorded as much as they could of the scene outside, showing the police walking around their cars with their gear, their guns pointing up at the trees, the medical teams rushing into the building with stretchers and then running back out with woman after woman to be rushed to the hospital.

Only a few camera were allowed inside. They showed on television the room the women stayed in after they were evacuated, highlighting the fact they only had the floor to sleep on, showing from afar the walls of buckets, then they wandered through the corridors giving glimpses into some of the rooms, especially the birthing room where one reported was quoted as saying the chair the women were locked in was “some kind of instrument out of Hell”. “And the fact that as these women were performed on and made to look at posters of happy children with their parents all smiling and happy is just satanic, I can't think of any other way to put it, just satanic. It's out of this world what these ladies were put through.”

It took officials all night to transport them for medical help; the nearest hospital was overwhelmed with their arrivals so some of the women were taken to the next closest one a couple miles away. A percentage of them upon arrival had endured so much emotional stress they ended up having to give birth for the well being of their babies. Seven full-term and four preterm babies were delivered that night; the rest of the women were monitored and examined for any signs of complications. All of the born babies taken from the factory were tested and each of them were found to be malnourished, and blood work showed they each were supplied low-dose PM allergy medicine apparently to keep them from crying.