Mischief

We race thorough the hall hoping that no teacher catches us. I race ahead and turn the corner staring into the potions room through the glass window. I catch James eye and motion him to come with us, he nods and raises his hand. He says something inaudible to Mr. Finnigan and is excused. I jump to the side hoping the door doesn’t hit me as James exits the room. I put up a finger to my lip telling James to keep quiet.  I turn and sprint down the hall towards Mr. Filch’s office. The original Mr. Filch died a few years ago but his nephew came to take his place and is even worse than the first one was. I turn a sharp corner and stop to list for footsteps James and Scorpius come to a halt behind me almost but not quite slamming into me. I hear faint footsteps coming from the headmaster’s staircase that has been renovated since the war at Hogwarts.

I hold an arm out to stop them from continuing through the hall as I see the headmaster’s door open and Professor. McGonagall alongside Professor. Longbottom come out. “I’m very worried about her Neville it’s been abnormal what has been happening to her. What if this is the effect of what occurred when she was a baby. What if it gives her some strange connection to the Deathly Hallows?” McGonagall starts. “I don’t know Minerva it could, I’ll Owl her father as soon as we are done observing some of the classes.” Professor Longbottom says. “I’m just nervous this type of connection has only happened to one other soul and that was her Uncle, Harry Potter. Rose could be in grave danger if we don’t figure out this connection soon.” They continue walking now too far away for us to hear. “Ok well that was mysterious new info on you Rose we have no idea whatsoever what she means but it could lead us on to something, but for now though let’s go pull some pranks.” James says.

I shrug it off and we continue on our way to Filch’s room. His cabinet is full of documents stored since Hogwarts was founded. I find a cabinet labeled, Fred and George Weasley the Magic Magnificent’s. Laughing at the obviously added ending part I slide open the cabinet to reveal row upon row of files and folders. I pull one out randomly. Inside lies a paper with a note on the inside of the folder. It reads, ‘to be passed down from generation to generation of marauders the original marauders map. To cause mischief just say, I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. And to hide the map from unwanted people, mischief managed. Go and stir up some trouble, Messer’s Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. Also added to by, Holey and Mister Magic. Is written in scrawly script at the end of the note.

James picks up the crumpled piece of paper and mumbles “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” A faded picture appears on the front with Hogwarts seal and the words, Messer’s: Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs proudly present the Marauder’s Map. I Snatch it from James hand and carefully unfold it gasping in awe as I see a complete map of Hogwarts. There are small labels with the names of every Hogwarts student and professors traveling the hallway. There are three small names huddled next to each other in Filch’s room labeled, Rose Weasley, James Potter, and Scorpius Malfoy. I spot lily and Hugo by the lake and Roxanne in the great hall talking to Molly and Lucy. Albus is with Gwynn and Aiden.

I pass it over to Scorp and laugh in delight, we’ve discovered out uncles secrets of pranking galore at Hogwarts. I now know why Uncle George got away with so many pranks and how he even had the nerve to go along with most of them. James is wide eyed in awe of our discovery. I know Uncle Fred is enjoying a good laugh watching us. And that the original marauders are smiling at our discovery, in the back of my mind I make a note to ask Uncle Harry who they were as I know he also had possession of the map for a while.

I begin spouting information about all the possible pranks we could play on people. Scorpius laughs at many of the outrageous ideas but James joins in the plotting and eventually were all on the floor laughing. I jump up and suggest we move over to the womping willow passageway to the shrieking shack in Hogsmeade and head over to the three broomstick tonight to plan some pranks. They agree and Scorp shuts off the map. I run upstairs and James says he’ll meet us with the invisibility cloak in the library at 10:00 and we can all try to fit under it.

I agree and we all head up to our dormitories. I shut my eyes imagining all the fun we could have with this and slip into a thankfully dreamless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am awoken by Caroline shaking me and telling me it is time for dinner. We walk down to the Great hall in silence and I slip into a seat next to James at the Gryffindor table even though I’m not supposed to. We eat in excited anxiety just waiting to slip out of the castle tonight ad have the best ‘Prank Meeting’ anyone’s ever held. I down my dinner even faster than I usually do. Eating not as much as usual so I can eat at the three broomsticks. James slips me a note to go and get Scorpius and instead of going later to leave now. He reveals the cloak to me and I nod slipping away from the Gryffindor table and making my way to the Ravenclaw where I pull Scorp away from wolf whistling teenagers. I roll my eyes at them and nod to James exiting the hall.

The night is chilly and snow is falling softly coating the grounds in a white glow. I sigh and twirl in it embracing the cold. The snow settling in my hair. James comes out and throws the cloak over us. I take out the map and activate it. After we know it is clear to go we duck under the willow deactivating it with the stray branch. Almost crawling through passageway we exit into the shack and descend down the steep stairs and out into a now snow covered Hogsmeade. We duck under the fence and into the streets of the village. Slipping off the cloak we are exposed to the crowded streets. Making our way into the Three Broomsticks we take a seat at our favorite table. James leaves to order Butterbeers for us and Scorp and I begin to plan.

“Well I was thinking we could do something following in my uncles footsteps.” I announce slipping out the many folders I had hidden under my cloak. Scorpius laughs as I toss him a few of the files to read, as James comes back with the drinks I throw him a folder as well and we all get to inspecting the work of great pranksters. I come across a few particularly interesting files and set them aside. The others I tuck back into my cloak. I stop and wait for the other two to be done reading before I announce my first idea.

“Okay, we could follow this one prank but elevate it to the next level by keeping ourselves anonymous.” I announce. The boys nod listening intently as I explain my plan. Our voices are the last in the three broomsticks that night as we are ushered out late into the night still not done planning we head to the Hogshead. We plot late into the night hopefully being able to pull this prank as soon as we can offsetting the next generation of Marauders. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!