Chapter 2: You Have Your Fan Girls, So Why Do You Need Me?

~One Year Later~

"Gary, my dad said I'm allowed to travel on my own!" (Name) told the brunette boy triumphantly. A frown crossed Gary's face but he quickly recovered.

"No," he said. "You're not ready to go out on your own." (Name) rolled her (e/c) eyes.

"Gary Shigeru Oak. I'm the same age as you are. I'm not a little kid, I'm fifteen," (Name) complained. "Plus, why do you even care about me?"

"Because if you get hurt, I'm in for a spanking from your father when he finds out," he said coolly. (Name) sighed in frustration and confusion.

"I still don't get it. You hate my guts, yet you care about if I'm hurt or not?" (Name) asked incredulously.

"I don't hate your guts," Gary muttered under his breath. "And as I said, I don't want to be punished by your father." He said that so she could hear that last bit.

"Yeah yeah, whatevs, why do you want me to not leave anyway? You couldn't care less about me. All I have to do is tell my father that it's not your fault if I get hurt," (Name) said with a wave of her hand.

"Sure, but you can't leave," Gary said firmly. (Name) rolled her eyes. What is with this guy? she thought.

"Why not? Seriously, why can't you just let me go? You have all of your "fans" here with you, so why do you want me to stay when I'm not fan-girling over you 24/7? I know you like all the attention, and you're not getting any from me."

"Because you just can't go," Gary said matter-of-factly, which made (Name)'s scowl even fiercer.

"You're not my father, ya know. Don't boss me around, Oak." Gary winced. (Name) only called the people she hated with a passion by their last name.

"I'm supposed to be protecting you," he continued to argue.

"But I don't need protection!" (Name) countered.

"Yes you do! You're such a wimp, you can't go anywhere without someone by your side to defend you!"

"Uh uh! You did not just say that!"

"You bet I did!" The two began too argue like no tomorrow. A young couple passed by and they chuckled.

"Young love," the woman muttered as they passed. (Name) and Gary's yells caused them to not hear the woman's remark, luckily. Gary's fan girls were glaring at the couple, who implied that (Name) and Gary were together.

"YOU ARE SUCH A JERK, I CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE EVEN LIKES YOU!!!" (Name) screamed at her rival.

"YOU ARE SUCH A LOSER, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GET AWAY FROM ME BECAUSE THAT'LL MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!!" Gary yelled at (Name). A sharp pang hit (Name)'s heart, although she wasn't sure why.

"Fine," she said calmly. "That's what I said earlier. I'm leaving. You want me to go, huh? So bye."

"Wait," Gary said. "I didn't mean that, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything I said. I-" (Name) slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Save your breath," she growled as she began to pack up her stuff.

"No, please, don't leave," Gary protested. (Name) sent him an icy look, which made him flinch.

"Give me one good reason why," she snorted as she slung her (f/c) backpack over her shoulder.

"Because uh... because uh..." Gary couldn't bring himself to say the real reason. He would rather die than say than say the real reason.

"See? You have no reason why you want me to stay, so I'm out of here. Good-bye, Gary." (Name) couldn't help but let a small sad smile slip onto her face as she walked away.

"(Name)... please... don't go..."

"But why? Is there any reason you want me to stay with you? No. So bye."

"But (Name)-" She whirled and shot him a mad glare.

"Stop stalling me. You have all your fan girls, here to cheer for you and boost your already humongous ego. They're here for you, while I never was. You have them, so why do you need me of all people?"

"........." Gary was speechless as (Name) sighed and turned around.

"This is the last time I'm gonna say this. Good-bye, Gary. Don't worry about me. I'm gonna go find Ash." Gary gritted his teeth at the name Ash. He hated the fact that you two were so close.

Just then, he was interrupted from his thoughts when he realized you were gone. You were really gone. He had lost you again. And to Ashy-Boy too...

"Gary Gary he's our man! If he can't do it no one can!" He sighed tiredly and looked at his adoring fans. Oh, how he wished (Name) was one of his fans... then he wouldn't hate his guts... he scowled to himself. Now Ash was going to have you all to himself. He had to go after you.

"Fans, start the car," he ordered. (Name) couldn't have gone far. But then again, she was the fastest runner he had ever seen, and her Pokemon would just make her travel faster.

Gary and his fans got in the car as the engine roared. "(Name), I'm coming," he muttered.

"By the way, what's with that (Name) girl?" One of his cheerleaders asked.

"Like, yeah. Like, what do you see in her? She's like soooo ugly compared to us," another said with a flick of her hair. Gary was really annoyed and pissed now. One rule- don't piss Gary Oak off, or you're dead.

"Like seriously, that whore is hideous," another snickered. "And she looks pretty stupid, too."

"Yeah, and like, what's up with her clothes? Skinny jeans and fingerless gloves are SO last season," the first said.

"Shut up, all of you," Gary growled. Every girl obeyed with a whimper. Gary smirked to himself. That was the pro of having fan girls. They obeyed his every command.

~ONE WEEK LATER~

"Ash! There you are!" (Name) called. She had been searching for a week, and she had finally found her friend. Ash waved at her. "I'm here to travel with you now!"

Dear Diary,

So yeah, I left the jerk and now I'm gonna start traveling with Ash. He's a little dense, but a really sweet guy. I wonder what traveling with him will be like. Probably better than traveling with Gary. So yeah, more will be coming soon.

Hope you don't mind my complaining once Ash starts showing his stupid side -_-

-(Name)